ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: New Features

Gallery
    View images

New Features

I only learned about ArtRage today and purchased it on the spot. I'm a professional illustrator and I'm always looking for good natural media programs that are alternatives to Painter.

I really like the feel of this program! It isn't bogged down with all the minutiae of Painter and it creates some pretty spectacular results.

There's only two things I think a Pro-level verison of ArtRage would benefit from:

1: Resolution options. Something along the lines of what Photoshop offers when you first create a new file.

2: Larger brush sizes. When creating a file that is appropriately sized for print purposes (say, 9x11 at 300dpi), brushes that are pretty big at 72dpi are kinda small. You loose the great texture. I actually think THIS version of ArtRage could use this little upgrade.

Anyway, that being said, I'm really impressed with this alternative to the big guns of the digital imaging world. I'm excited to see where this program goes in the future.

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Geraldo

Click your cursor/ tap your pen on the sizing area and then put in a number up to 500.

Should work for any tool.
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.

Gallery
    View images
    sometimes 500% isn't enough ^_^

also things like glitter size need to be able to go over 100%, i wan't bigger glitter damnit =p

i don't see the need for resolution options, if i want to print something at 300dpi and i want it to be 12x12 inches then some simple mathematics tells me that my canvas should be 3600x3600 pixels, the only use for a resolution option is if it adjusted things like possible brush sizes, sizes of the streaks in the paint, did i mention glitter size? etc but this thread should probably go in the suggestions forum
    i never knew i was so empty that i could be so full...

Gallery
    View images
    Hi TheSleepless, I just tried some stuff with big glitter and a big brush, it broke ArtRage!

I'll send the pic off to Andy.

Gallery
    View images

Cool!

I took a look at your suggestion about brush size, and it works! Cool! I didn't realize it did that! Nice!

Forgive my ignorance about the prgram.

Gallery
    View images
    hmm strange, it works for me using 100% glitter size, 100% pressure and 500% brush size, only problem is the glitter is too small ^_^
    i never knew i was so empty that i could be so full...

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Sleepless,
    The problem was using the Dry Brush on it afterwards, it all suddenly collapsed into goo!

Andy says that if the dry brush hits the edge of the canvas it can become "wet". Wet+Glitter=Goo!

Hi Geraldo,

The big brush option isn't obvious, it only just arrived on the program.

Good test of your computer power! I think I could make coffee while mine catches up with the big brush strokes!