ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Pressure sensitivity

Pressure sensitivity

I installed artrage 2 two days ago and i have a wacom tablet and all was going well untill today when I opened up artrage 2 and I realised the pressure sensitivity isn't working. I opened the tutorial for my tablet and went through it all and it gave me an oppertunity to use the pen durring the turtorial. the pressure sensitivity was working fine on the tutorial so its just the artrage programme. everything else is working fine. how would I put this right?

Make sure you have the latest drivers for your Wacom tablet.
    Are you running on Windows or OSX?
    If Windows, is it Vista or XP?

And are you using the Full version of ArtRage, or the Free version?
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

windows xp. free version, i got it with my tablet.
    but it was working just yesterday. I thought maybe i had acidentally changed a setting or somthing?

Is it just with particular tools, or do all the paint tools have no pressure?
    Most of the tools have a pressure dial at the top of their settings panel (to the left). They also have a reset button.
    Click the reset button in the tools setting panel and try the tool again.

If absolutely nothing seems to work, locate your ArtRage.prs file (should be in Application Data/Ambient Design/ArtRage 2, but do a search of your computer if you can't find it). Exit ArtRage, delete the ArtRage.prs file, and restart ArtRage.

Otherwise check you haven't changed a setting in your tablet's control panel.

its all of the tools. nothing is working.
    I went to programme files/ambient art/artrage - its a file but its not .prs, I deleted it and then went to open artrage and it said it couldnt locate the file and do i want to browse for it. I think Ive deleted the wrong file (its ok its just in the recycling bin) or ive misinterpreted wat u meant by restart.
    maybe I should just re-install artrage but I'm not sure what it is that made this happen in the first place.

Undelete your ArtRage.exe file.
    Right-click on 'my computer' and search for ArtRage.prs

If you find ArtRage.prs on your computer, delete it. Then run ArtRage again.

Did you change anything with your tablet drivers?
    Is pressure support working in other applications?

i searched for it but coudnt find it.
    it works on the tutorial for my tablet

Ensure in your search options (under 'more advanced options') you have 'search system folders', 'search hidden files and folders' and 'search subfolders' all switched on when you search.

The ArtRage.prs file should be located in a directory that looks something like this:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<your name>\Application Data\Ambient Design\ArtRage 2

Also, check your ArtRage preferences menu. From the Edit menu, choose preferences, and change the 'mouse mode' setting. Then quit ArtRage and restart it to see if that makes a difference.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It just started working again all of a sudden. I'm not sure what i did to make it right.
    Thanks for your help