Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kinda creepy, kinda cute?

Gallery
    View images

Kinda creepy, kinda cute?

Here we have the result of a (way too) early morning doodle session. Can't decide if it's cute or if I need therapy. Opinions?

I actually bothered to animate the little floaty dude HERE if you're interested. Just right-click and save if the server gives you grief (can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong with the link?). All graphics are ArtRage, motion courtesy of Moho.

Cheers,

Therm0s
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    People who speak in absolutes are always wrong.

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Therm0s, I couldnt get your movie to play even when I downloaded it so I can only comment on the still pictue.

I reckon the lil floaty guy is cute

he reminds me of the purple floaty guy from the 'He-man' cartoons, whom I remember with fondness from my early childhood days when I was still planing on growing up to be 'She-Ra princess of power' as a vocation

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Thermos,

It ran ok here, just left clicked and played.
    (Apart from all the usual intrusive interruptions by Apple!)

Very nice drawing and a very nice animation.

I think the little floaty guy being dark is a good idea too. It gives you some options that a traditional spooky character doesn't have. Light emitting eyes and the ability to fade into the background.
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.

Gallery
    View images
    I think the little guy could go either way, kinda cute but might really be nasty. I couldn't get the animation to run either, and I have no idea why not. I loved your background on this, and the guy standing on the sidewalk. Great stuff!
    Art is like an ill-trained Labrador retriever that drags you out into traffic. (Annie Dillard)

Gallery
    View images
    Oh that totally rocks!
    And the texture you have for the granite surfaces is really really good!
    Nice one, Therm0s
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Awwww, it reminds me of Vivi Ornitier! Definitely, definitely cute. =]

This is so gorgeous, I absolutely love this style. It looks like a still from a game.

I encountered an internal server error when attempting to access the QuickTime vid, and couldn't download it either. Is the file still there?

More too-early-in-the-morning doodles, please. =]

- Gita

Gallery
    View images
    By the power of Greyskull, Selby and Gita are right; it's Orko-Vivi. The subconscious is an odd place. I think he's got Smurf feet, too.

Thanks for all the great comments! Sorry, though about the trouble with the video. I have this linked exactly the same way in the Moho forum, and it works just fine there. Even I get the server error when clicking on the link here. The file is definitely there. Try right-clicking on the link and "save target as". It's a Quicktime .mov file, so you'll need QT to play it. Or try the Moho forum link to see if that works better.

Rage guys: any ideas?

Thanks again, all!
    People who speak in absolutes are always wrong.

Gallery
    View images
    Yep yep, you're right. If one right-clicks and saves or copies the link and pastes it manually into a new window/tab, the vid loads fine. So could be something in the redirect from these forums to the actual destination.

Smurfs! Omg. Pardon me. Have to go wallow in nostalgia for a bit. =]

Again, great work, Therm0s, thanks for sharing it.

- Gita

Gallery
    View images
    I love the way the human character is looking askance at the robed figure. But mostly, what I love, is the setting. Simple, but well crafted.

I like it.

Gallery
    View images
    nice animation, makes me think about the movie some years ago: GHOST "when the dark comes"...

How whas the animation done If I may ask?

ps: Selby, you mean "Orko" :P