ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: intuos3, "Use Mouse Mode"

intuos3, "Use Mouse Mode"

Hi, I've tried to use the "use mouse mode".
    I understand the logics about the current setup, but it is something I don't understand, or maybe do something wrong.

When NOT in mouse mode:
    While drawing with the intuos3's "pen" in this mode, the problem is that I am looking at the display while drawing, but the X is not placed where the stylus is drawing, this is CONFUSING, at least me.

When in "use mouse mode":
    The cursor finally does follow the tip of the pen, but then it accelerates!!! this is annoying

Is it possible to have a pen mode, with X following its tip, for using the display as reference ?

Bilbo Bugginz

We might be talking about different things...
    When we talk about 'mouse mode' in ArtRage, we mean selecting the option from the preferences menu, as per the attached image.

You should still be using pen mode with your tablet settings. The only change in ArtRage is that instead of using the hi-rez tablet coordinates, it uses the mouse location to report the stylus location. It still uses the correct pressure, tilt, and rotation settings from the tablet
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

thanks, 1st of all, we're talking in the same terms
    I understand now, what's up,

Then another question pops up:
    I have an A5 tablet, which is ... relatively smaller to the 19" display.

Is there a way to "map" an area on the tablet to a 1/4 of the display, or to zoom to any other levels, so the visible area is as small or smaller then the tablet area, and I can this way draw quite small objects ?

Sorry, for not being very clear... It's hard for me

Thanks for the answer!

Quote Originally Posted by bilbobugginz
    Is there a way to "map" an area on the tablet to a 1/4 of the display, or to zoom to any other levels, so the visible area is as small or smaller then the tablet area, and I can this way draw quite small objects ?
    Wacom tablet? If so, open your Wacom Tablet Properties, click on Tool\Grip Pen'.

Then 1/2 way down the page, click on the 'Mapping' tab. If you click on the 'Screen Area' and 'Tablet Area' drop down menu, you will find 'Portion' in each. When you click on 'Portion' another window opens and you can define which area of the screen and/or tablet you need. Simply resize the red frame by grabbing the corner. Don't forget to click on 'Force Proportions'.

Also, look in the Wacom manual for "Mapping" to learn more.

As for zooming, you can set up the touch strip to zoom in or out at any time. Just define one end of the touch strip as Zoom In( ']' ) and the other end as Zoom Out (" [ ")

You can set up all of this specifically for ArtRage only by starting ArtRage, then go to the Application section of the Wacom Tablet Properties. Click on the small '+' on the right hand side and select ArtRage. Now you can define properties like the above. It's all in the Wacom manual.

Cheers