ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Mouse cursor offset on intuos 3

Gallery
    View images

Mouse cursor offset on intuos 3

Hello,

i am using ArtRage with a intuos 3 a5 widescreen on windows xp, the mousecursor is a bunch of pixels right to the point where the drawing takes place - about 1/2 inch on my screen. This makes it hard if not impossible to work, please help.

Before ordering ArtRage i played around with the free version. I did not have this problem there, but i am unsure if this problem is since upgrading to the full version or since some other action on the windows environment.

Just upgraded to the newest wacom drivers (6.02-1), still the same problem. ArtRage is also up to date.

It seems to be a problem specific to ArtRage, all other graphic programs show the cursor exactly over the point where drawing takes place.

Gallery
    View images
    In some configurations, which we've never adequately managed to exactly nail down, the high-precisions tablet coordinates we use are offset from the actual mouse coordinates.

To deal with this, we've put an option in the Edit/Preferences menu in ArtRage called 'Mouse mode'. This takes the X,Y coordinates from Windows cursor location, but still uses pressure and tilt information from the tablet.

See if that cures the problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    this solved the problem, thank you very much