ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Can't use any of the tools...

Gallery
    View images

Can't use any of the tools...

Hi,

I've used Artrage for a couple of weeks now without any problems, but tonight it won't work. It looks to me the bug started when I used the rotating tool, which actually didn't rotate the canvas, and since then I can't use any of the tools; when I try to paint, the cursor keeps moving the canvas around the screen. :? Help!!!!!!
    Children are the messages we send to a time we will never know.
    -John Whitehead-

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Catver,

Can you tell me what version of ArtRage you're using, and whether you're running on a Windows computer, or MacOSX?

Can you confirm that you're unable to select any of the painting tools from the tool-picker panel in the bottom left corner of the ArtRage window?

If you can't get it working, exit ArtRage and then search your computer for a file called ArtRage.prs
    It should be in a folder called something like 'application data\Ambient Design\ArtRage 2'
    Delete that file, then restart ArtRage. You should have all your settings back to the default.

If you cant find that file, or you're still having problems, send an Email to support@artrage.com
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    I don't know what happened; it's working again. Is there some kind of magic here?!!!
    Sorry for your time, Andyrage :?
    I use the 2.2 version on Windows XP, and it's the 1st time since I bought it that it bugged. I tried for at least 2 hours to try and understand the problem, no way Anyway, I'm just happy to be able to use it again, this software is great
    Thank you for the very quick answer, I'll remember it if ever this happens again
    Children are the messages we send to a time we will never know.
    -John Whitehead-

Gallery
    View images
    If it does happen again, drop a note to support@artrage.com
    There may be something in your computer's configuration that is interfering with ArtRage.
    We're always happy to help!
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"