ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: waves

waves

I having problems getting the wave to look right as it breaks, need tips on how to do the wave spray. I added the reference image.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I find it very reallictic.
    Visit my web gallery
    "Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom"

For a spray effect you might try the brush with very little loading, very little pressure and lots of thinner. Then just position the brush and make one hit without moving it.

Lovely sky. Beautiful excellent job on the foam. What is lacking is unity of color throughtout the composition. The repetition of colors makes for unity. So now it appears as two separate compositions in one. The red one and the black and white one. Sorry can't help on the wave spray. I guess that is what you asked for. Sorry.

Hard to say anything from just a reference photo, I'm afraid.

Really nice reference. Looks like somebody has been working on it after it was taken as if for one of those inspirational/motivational pics. Makes me motivated to take a dip.

You did a eally good job on these waves and I think all you need is some hi liting. Look at the foam on the face of the wave. It is very light in value compared to the wave foam on the crest. If light is hitting thi foam and making it so bright, I would think it would also hit some of the foam on the crest. You do not want to hi lite the whole face of the wave, just a few places where the spray is hanging over. You might also want to put a little sky color into the wave tops. I especially like the rolling foam in the lower right hand corner.

Just remember that waves have definite geometric shapes and need to be shaded according to those shapes. They are also semi-transparent and their color will vary with the thickness of the face presented.

Whew! I need a beer after that. :shock:
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day! Joe V.

Oh that is the reference photo with a mask then... ops:

Could you upload it in a bigger size?