Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help with Artrage examples

Gallery
    View images

help with Artrage examples

I am a teacher, and I will shortly be making a presentation on open source software in education. One of the softwares I intend to present is Artrage. I would like to be able to showcase some examples of what it is capable of. I would be especially interested in work done by students. If you are willing for me to use you artwork as an example, could you please post a pic in this thread? I will take participation in the thread as permission to display the work.

Thanks in advance,
    Suzanne

Gallery
    View images

Re: help with Artrage examples

Quote Originally Posted by suz01
    I am a teacher, and I will shortly be making a presentation on open source software in education. One of the softwares I intend to present is Artrage. I would like to be able to showcase some examples of what it is capable of. I would be especially interested in work done by students. If you are willing for me to use you artwork as an example, could you please post a pic in this thread? I will take participation in the thread as permission to display the work.

Thanks in advance,
    Suzanne
    ArtRage is not Open Source software.

Gallery
    View images
    I am wondering if you meant shareware.

Gallery
    View images
    good point. I am aware its not open source. Sorry for the misunderstanding. My lecture is primarily on open source and the benefits for education, however I am modelling the SOE on our laptops as an example - and one of the software we have installed in Artrage. I will make the distinction between freeware, open source and shareware in my presentation.

Gallery
    View images
    ArtRage 2 Free is freeware. It can be used forever, at no cost, with no obligations to upgrade or register.

ArtRage 2 Full version is a commercial software application selling for US$19.95
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Feel free to use any of my images Suzanne.

Gallery
    View images
    I'm not a student :lol: but you can use any of my images

Gallery
    View images
    If you're going to show what Artrage is capable of you can use any of my...oh well, you better not. :lol:
    "Make sure the fortune that you seek is the fortune that you need"

Gallery
    View images
    I stand corrected. What is the difference between freeware and shareware?

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by gzairborne
    I stand corrected. What is the difference between freeware and shareware?
    Found on Google:

Freeware: Like shareware, freeware is software you can download, pass around, and distribute without any initial payment. However, the great part about freeware is that you never have to pay for it. No 30 day limit, no demo versions, no disabled features -- it's totally free. Things like minor program updates and small games are commonly distributed as freeware. Though freeware does not cost anything, it is still copyrighted, so other people can't market the software as their own.

Shareware: There is commercial software and then there is shareware. With commercial software, you have to pay for the product before you use it. With shareware, you can use the product for a trial period and then decide if you want to keep it. If you want to keep the software after the trial period is up, you're supposed to (and should) register the product and pay the shareware fee. As an extra incentive to pay for the software, many shareware programs disable certain features in the non-registered version and some will keep bugging you to register the program after the trial period has expired.

The most common way to get shareware these days is off the Internet.