ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bumble Sky

Gallery
    View images

Bumble Sky

Here is how I paint my skies..... :lol:
    I usually use a canvas size of 2000x1448 for all my paintings but you can use any size.
    The paper I have set on basic crumpled or heavy crumpled depending on what effect I want, but you can experiment with different if you want

I start with 100% brush size, Pressure and Loading(no thinner).(Step 1)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    Then I set the brush to 0% loading leaving it at 100% pressure and Size I use a tablet so for those of you who use a mouse use 100% size and about 10 to 15% pressure(with 0% loading).
    Now I blend the paint using a sort of circular motion across the painting....it's a bit like writing the letter e over an over :lol:

Even though I have the pressure set to 100% I only press very lightly. It doesn't seem to work as well on any other pressure :? :lol: (for me anyway :lol: )

Gallery
    View images
    Then when I have blended all of it I go over it just to check I haven't missed any bits :wink: And there you have it....hope this was a help to somebody....

Gallery
    View images

Appreciations

Thank You very much Bumble for Your exhaustive explanation (and marvellous result!)
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Gallery
    View images
    Thank you so much for taking time to share that with us. It is wonderfully clear. I still think it is genetic however... the painting you produced just in doing the example is beautiful. Thanks again, Bumble. Awesome!

Gallery
    View images
    This is great stuff Bumble. Good explanation and inspiration.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks again. So you don't use the palette knife at all then?

Gallery
    View images
    Dear Bumble

By public request, my hopes was answered. A big - thank you - for the tutorial! You have given away a piece of you, for the benefit of the community. Glorious!

I must give it a try... ... ... Not even close to yours, but, I get the idea. Very difficult it is however to correct any mistakes once blended.

I think the pressure setting is somewhat hardware dependent. My Wacom has become a rather whack-one lately and I have to press VERY hard to get any result at all. Afraid it has been worn out in just 5 month.

Again, thank you.
    DoodLS

Gallery
    View images
    Thank You everyone for the words of encouragement I am happy to give something back to the community that gave so much to me...

Gzairborne No I don't use the palette knife at all....

DoodLS It is possible to correct a mistake after blending just add more paint over the mistake and reblend...but yes it is difficult that's why I do it bit by bit so If I do make a mistake I can make use of the undo button

Gallery
    View images
    Dear Bumble,

You made an excellent tutorial of your Bumble's sky. Thank you very much. I knew that you've used layers in your sky but I still don't quite get it. (I'm too dumb) I'm now using oil + chalk+ airbrush + knife, then did use 0% loading sometimes and then playing around with the opacity level. Now, it sounds like I use everything. :lol:

But your paintings have inspired me big time too. Thank you for sharing with us.