Thread: Intuos 2 Problem

Gallery
    View images

Intuos 2 Problem

Hello, I am new here and am having problems with my Wacom Intuos 2 Graphics Tablet which I am hoping someone can help me with.

The problem is that I`m getting ugly glitches at the ends of my brush strokes\pencil strokes which is ruining the quality of my images. I have attached a small sample of the problem.

Has anybody else experienced this before and is there a work around? Also what are the best drivers to use? I have tried the last three or so and the problem still remains. Could it be a driver issue? This problem does not happen in Photoshop so I hope it is not an issue with the program as otherwise it is fantastic to use.

I am using Windows XP and the latest version of ArtRage which is registered.

Thanks for any help,
    Jason.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images

Re: Intuos 2 Problem

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSilva
    Hello, I am new here and am having problems with my Wacom Intuos 2 Graphics Tablet which I am hoping someone can help me with.

The problem is that I`m getting ugly glitches at the ends of my brush strokes\pencil strokes which is ruining the quality of my images. I have attached a small sample of the problem.

Has anybody else experienced this before and is there a work around? Also what are the best drivers to use? I have tried the last three or so and the problem still remains. Could it be a driver issue? This problem does not happen in Photoshop so I hope it is not an issue with the program as otherwise it is fantastic to use.

I am using Windows XP and the latest version of ArtRage which is registered.

Thanks for any help,
    Jason.
    Go to Edit/Preferences. Is 'Use mouse mode' checked? I had similar problems with my Intuos 3, but as weird as it seems, using 'mouse mode' makes the pen work better-go figure!

Give it a quick try-can't hurt.

Good Luck

Gallery
    View images
    No luck I`m afraid, I still get the problem Surely I can not be the only one with an Intuos 2?

Any other possible solutions? This is spoiling my enjoyment of an otherwise excellent program. The Intuos 2 is also a great tablet so I`m sure that that isn`t the problem.

Jason.

Gallery
    View images
    Hi there!

The behavior you've shown there is a result of the strokes going through a reversal, and is not a fault of your tablet. When you bring a paint brush around a tight curve the stroke direction reverses and so you will tend to get that look in ArtRage.

We are however looking at a different way of approaching the pencil tool for a different effect with tight turns at the moment.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    OK, thanks for letting me know. I hope you manage to find a solution for this in a future version.

Thanks for creating such a wonderful program too, I love using it

Jason.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickSilva
    OK, thanks for letting me know. I hope you manage to find a solution for this in a future version.

Thanks for creating such a wonderful program too, I love using it

Jason.
    You might want to try posting your problem at the Wacom Intuos forum:

http://www.wacom-europe.com/forum/fo...=nl&FORUM_ID=8

(Couldn't hurt!) :-)