Thread: Black and White value studies

Black and White value studies

Is there any way to convert an imported image to black and white value study - can colour be removed?

Hi

In the mobile version I don’t think there is a way. You will have to convert in another app and then import.

In the desktop version go to <edit><filters><adjust colour> and set the colour slider to 0%.

That’s about the best I can do. Markw will no doubt be along in a while and can correct me if I’m wrong, which is possible

Brett
    Last edited by Perendale; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:49 PM.
    Kia whakatōmuri te haere whakamua (“I walk backwards into the future with my eyes fixed on my past”).

Tech stuff: 24" iMac M1: Wacom Intuos Pro L: iPad Pro 12.9"

Speak the Devil’s name…
    Your suggestion is a perfectly valid method Brett, nothing wrong with it!
    But I will put forward here another idea if one dosn't want to permenantly remove the imported images colour or otherwise needs to be able to toggle between B & W and Colour in order to check values while painting in colour;
    Make a new Layer and put it at the top of the Layer stack and set it’s Blend mode to Colour.
    Using the Fill tool with it’s fill mode set to ‘Solid’ and it’s Opacity set to 100%, fill the new Layer with pure Black R=0 G=0 B=0.
    You can now turn this Layer’s visibility On/Off to help check your Values while painting.
    You can also use this method on the Mobile versions of ArtRage too.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Nice! Good tip.

Hah! Very cute Mark. Great tip

Brett
    Kia whakatōmuri te haere whakamua (“I walk backwards into the future with my eyes fixed on my past”).

Tech stuff: 24" iMac M1: Wacom Intuos Pro L: iPad Pro 12.9"

Quote Originally Posted by perendale View Post
    hi

in the mobile version i don’t think there is a way. You will have to convert in another app and then import.

In the desktop version go to <edit><filters><adjust colour> and set the colour slider to 0%.

That’s about the best i can do. Markw will no doubt be along in a while and can correct me if i’m wrong, which is possible :d

brett
    great, big help thanks.