Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ArtRage is becoming nearly unusable with Mac OS Sonoma on Intel.

So, Apple released a minor update to Sonoma, 14.4.1. Apparently the initial 14.4 release cause many issues for Mac users, though reports only indicate issues with printers, USB hubs and Java stuff.

I'll do some testing with ArtRage Vitae to see if this update helps fix the crashes, though my expectations won't be too high.

Using an M1 Mac with v14.4.1, I'm often getting temporary shadowy brush trails when I move, for example, the oil brush over existing painted areas. I've taken a screenshot showing this. They do however disappear when I move the canvas.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trails-oil-brush.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	199.2 KB 
ID:	103391
    The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing!
    Mac mini (M1, 2020), macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, ArtRage Vitae v7.1.4

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Using an M1 Mac with v14.4.1, I'm often getting temporary shadowy brush trails when I move, for example, the oil brush over existing painted areas. I've taken a screenshot showing this. They do however disappear when I move the canvas.
    Jono,

someone else reported this issue earlier, and in their instance it was triggered by the default ICC profile supplied with a cintiq that for whatever reason caused rendering issues on mac os sonoma.

https://forums.artrage.com/showthrea...264#post543264 - here's the specific post with a fix for that;

if you don't use a cintiq, try plugging any .icc profile that is different from one supplied by apple or your screen manufacturer and see if it helps.

in this instance, I'm not sure if this should be fixed by apple, or by ambient design.

Thanks nekomata, apologies for not seeing the previous post about this. I do use a basic Cintiq 16 so I will definitely try one of those changes if I can.

As a non-professional Artrage user, for me it's only an annoyance rather than a showstopper. It doesn't happen over all colours, reds seem to be more prone, blues less so, but either way, a quick press on the spacebar and move with pointer clears the marks.

I've not experienced this issue with any other graphics software on the same Mac.
    The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing!
    Mac mini (M1, 2020), macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, ArtRage Vitae v7.1.4