Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strange Stylus Highlighting Behaviour on My Cintiq 27 Pro (Mac M1)

"and does this issue happen with a certain file alone, or is it universal regardless of every file you're creating inside of artrage/copying and pasting or importing an image from an external app? (I see painter blender marks in the background, so, I imagine, this is an imported .psd file?)"

It happens on all of the above. New files. Imported files. Old files. Art Rage 6 files. Vitae files. Jpegs. PNGs. Etc.

I agree with your assessment, it is likely a Mac Chip issue (I managed to get this working without issue on an ancient Intel iMac).

So far the escalated Wacom response has been underwhelming (switch to 60hz instead of 120hz) which, of course, had no effect.

Some strange interaction is going on.

Cheers!
    -D

Quote Originally Posted by DennisD View Post
    "and does this issue happen with a certain file alone, or is it universal regardless of every file you're creating inside of artrage/copying and pasting or importing an image from an external app? (I see painter blender marks in the background, so, I imagine, this is an imported .psd file?)"

It happens on all of the above. New files. Imported files. Old files. Art Rage 6 files. Vitae files. Jpegs. PNGs. Etc.

I agree with your assessment, it is likely a Mac Chip issue (I managed to get this working without issue on an ancient Intel iMac).

So far the escalated Wacom response has been underwhelming (switch to 60hz instead of 120hz) which, of course, had no effect.

Some strange interaction is going on.

Cheers!
    -D
    there's a very long alternative solution I can think of which isn't guaranteed to support your cintiq model too (is the current wacom driver, or one before that, still supported by your intel mac?) but you can install parallels virtual machine on the old imac, make a copy of the OS X it has running over there, transfer that copy on your new mac, and run that from inside parallels on your current apple silicon workstation.

it's a bit monstrous installation-wise, but it should at the very least work as it did on the old machine - artrage does not rely on GPU acceleration or advanced realtime GPU filters or anything like that.
    I used parallels windows VM on mac about a decade ago to extend painter IX lifespan after the code support got discontinued on mac, and those new versions were not exactly improving things.

this will require you to spend some time navigating the software (it's pretty barebones itself, but the set-up process might get a bit overwhelming), and you'll have to trust russian software currently owned by corel, but if anything else fails, this might work out:

kb.parallels.com/125561/ - the support article outlining the process.

Fix

"You're not by any chance also using Rebelle 7 are you? It's a buggy mess at the moment. But it seems it *may* be interacting with other apps, including ARV."

Nope. ArtRage Vitae and ArtRage 6.

In any case, I found an incredibly stupid fix which I don't understand, but which works.

In Mac OS, under Displays, under color profile, selecting Cintiq 22HD instead of the default Cintiq Pro 27 fixes it.

As to why, I have NO idea.

Cheers, and thanks for the help!
    -D

...I found an incredibly stupid fix which I don't understand, but which works.
    In Mac OS, under Displays, under color profile, selecting Cintiq 22HD instead of the default Cintiq Pro 27 fixes it.
    As to why, I have NO idea.
    So good to hear you finally found the cause and a simple solution!
    Time to get back to painting!
    One last thing; where might we find some examples of your finished works?
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Thanks!

My work is all over the place. Did my early years in comics. Probably my most famous is for Magic:The Gathering (way back when). Later, 15 years in video games.

Today, I illustrate my game Delta Green (itΒ’s available on Amazon.)

Thanks again for the help!
    Dennis

In any case, I found an incredibly stupid fix which I don't understand, but which works.

that's so simple. I'm glad everything works fine now.

thanks for sharing the solution with the board in case anyone else runs into a similar mac issue, and I hope you won't be having any other troubles with the code until a new, fully native artrage version comes out.