Thread: Strange Stylus Highlighting Behaviour on My Cintiq 27 Pro (Mac M1)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Strange Stylus Highlighting Behaviour on My Cintiq 27 Pro (Mac M1)

Hoping someone has some insight here. First off: I'm on a Mac M1, with a Cintiq 27 Pro (new) and ArtRage Vitae or 6. All the software is up to date and has been restarted multiple times.

I've painted in ArtRage for years on various Wacom tablets with zero issue, but I just upgraded to the Cintiq 27 Pro (from a 24) and suddenly:

Everywhere my stylus travels on screen (but doesn't touch) leaves a "highlight" of slightly off-colored boxes (the colour seems to change, but it always transparent, and sometimes, this "track" vanishes, especially when I change zoom). These are not "drawn" on the canvas, but only track wherever the pen goes. I've attached a painting I'm working on; the transparent blue snake-like track on the face of the subject is the effect. It occurs anywhere I slide my pen (even when I am not touching the screen).

This happens ONLY in ArtRage products. It does not happen in Pixelmator Pro, Photoshop, or other programs like Painter.

Help! I dearly love my workflow in ArtRage, and would hate to have to go somewhere else; because frankly, this discolouration on top of the pen position makes colour mixing all but impossible for me.

Cheers!
    -D
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 9.40.38 AM.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	148.3 KB 
ID:	103339
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 9.40.38 AM.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	141.5 KB 
ID:	103338