Thread: Home at last!

Home at last!

The last in this series of the road to home. This is the bottom of our driveway. We’re only ten minutes from the village, so not as remote as you are Mark. This one is 50-50 ArtRage and Rebelle.

Brett
    Last edited by Perendale; 01-06-2024 at 05:49 PM.
    Kia whakatōmuri te haere whakamua (“I walk backwards into the future with my eyes fixed on my past”).

Tech stuff: 24" iMac M1: Wacom Intuos Pro L: iPad Pro 12.9"

Really like how you have handled the trees and foliage there Brett and the fence too
    Really do wish I was able to just pop round for a cuppa now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perendale View Post
    ...We’re only ten minutes from the village, so not as remote as you are Mark.
    Thankfully I’m closer to things these days but, yeh I miss those night skys, watching a big Moon rise over the mountains was something special and a little magical.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    Thankfully I’m closer to things these days but, yeh I miss those night skys, watching a big Moon rise over the mountains was something special and a little magical.
    Thank you Mark.

There’s something important in living with night skies and big moons: it induces in me anyway a deep sense of awe, and gratitude nearly always follows awe. Everything especially these days seems so vanishingly improbable I have taken great solace from rereading “The Map of Love” by Ahdaf Soueif. A wonderful love story set in Egypt in the late 1800 early 1900s. Also a very penetrating look at the British occupation of Egypt. The book is highly recommended as a lift to the spirits.

As I said, the delights and difficulties of Aotearoa is that it’s so far from anywhere else. But always a cuppa available as long as I’m on my perch!!

Brett
    Last edited by Perendale; 01-06-2024 at 05:45 PM.
    Kia whakatōmuri te haere whakamua (“I walk backwards into the future with my eyes fixed on my past”).

Tech stuff: 24" iMac M1: Wacom Intuos Pro L: iPad Pro 12.9"