Thread: Comic coloration in Artrage

Comic coloration in Artrage

I tested multiple ways to put color to my upcoming comic, and ended up with a very lightweight, fast and loose approach. I am aware that this might seem unprofessional to most of the great artrage artists but time is of the essence so i'll stick with this, but i still wanna show it off because i think it works, what do you think?
    Best,
    Erik
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	panel3_enter_big.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	304.9 KB 
ID:	103136

Name:	cleo portrait sideCOLOR2.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	152.2 KB 
ID:	103137

Name:	Scan_cityscape2.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	479.5 KB 
ID:	103138

Name:	Lev4_a.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	237.9 KB 
ID:	103139

I really like this look!
    I think your last image works particularly well and I don’t think there is anything “unprofessional” about it, if the look is deliberate and consistent throughout the comic.
    It also raises an interesting possibility of allowing you to steer the viewer towards specific areas of an image by perhaps using slightly tighter colouring for those areas where you want to them to focus their attention?
    For example the street scene with the characters holding hands; to me these two are getting a little lost (mostly their upper bodies) with such a busy background behind them.
    Tighter and perhaps slightly more opaque colouring of them might help them stand out more. (As the umbrella in the background currently dose for similar reasons!)
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

your background designs are lovely, and the colors look tasteful and very nostalgic, I haven't seen much of this art style for a very long time. I hope your comic is progressing well.

That is a very good tipp, thank you, now i notice the umbrella standing out too much.
    The more i try out, the more secure i get making it the way i want.
    I can show more progress after these busy weeks at work. Cant wait to get more done in August.