Thread: Using texture for personal therapy.

Using texture for personal therapy.

I was excited to learn that I could make a texture of anything, including a photograph. I bought the use of this photo (retroactively: I didn't know how to buy images when I did this) of the Brandenburg Gate as seen from the east. The photo came from Alamy, credit Peter Horree.

Obliterating a textured image was helpful in understanding a childhood in West Berlin 1958-1962.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Achtung! Crop AR.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	114.1 KB 
ID:	103109

This is from a photo by Victor Grigas of the Freedom Memorial, near Checkpoint Charlie.

Name:	Checkpoint Memorial Victor Grigas.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	188.2 KB 
ID:	103110

I did this at about the same time I was doing the Berlin pictures. I had a very poor naming system when I created this from someone's photo of the Jewish Cemetery in Prague, so I don't know how to credit this. I've lost the original image. I've been looking through images on Google to see if I can find a match. Maybe one of you knows whose photograph this came from?

Name:	Jewish Cemetery Prague Teal & Greens AR.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	209.8 KB 
ID:	103111

Thank you for posting these images sueellen I now have more of an understanding of how you use AR.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]