Thread: AI is stirring up a hornets nest in the graphic arts and digital painting world.

AI is stirring up a hornets nest in the graphic arts and digital painting world.

Artificial Intelligence (AI) has been incorporated into programs that can generate digital painting style artwork that takes only minutes to create by inputting your data requirements for finished image. In my opinion there is a revolution in graphic arts developing as a result of the widespread use of this new type of tool for generating finished images.

This type of art is causing all kinds of criticism and complaints from digital painting artists that spend many hours creating images from scratch compared to the use of AI art generating programs that produce in minutes a painting that sometimes looks even better than a painting from scratch.
    What are your thoughts on this type of artwork image creation?

Do you think the program Art Rage might consider including some type of AI generating capabilities in it's future releases, if any are going to come about?

Do you believe that AI may set a pace for the demise of traditional digital painting using a computer and traditional painting?

Is there a possibility that AI may create all kinds of new opportunities?

Theoretically does AI generated art infringe on copyrights if used without agreement?
    I have a personally designed artwork gallery website at: www.stephenlopiano.com
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.

My thought is that the more AI will invade the arts, the more I'll do artistic jobs by hands (shoots, vibes, and comics)
    I also created a logo and a manifesto about RAIAA (Rebellion Against IA in Arts)

You can find it here

About the infringement on copyrights, I think that it is real risk, and it will be regulated quite soon

And there is also a problem with the GDPR compliance, at the point that chatGPT was blocked in Italy by the Data Protection Supervisor, and it will be likely blocked in the whole EU https://artificialintelligenceact.eu/the-act/

About the chances for artists to make money with AI, I don't know

I can only say that Machine Translation tools claimed to be a fruitful task for linguists, but the hype was a lie, because IT guys were almost the only beneficiaries, not linguists; I hope that this will not apply to artists, but I am doubtful
    Last edited by Claudio Porcellana; 04-05-2023 at 04:18 AM.
    Your business and your life are happening at the same time. Don't separate them. Integrate them.
    (David Taylor-Klaus)

"Long live RAIA"
    (Rebellion against Artificial Intelligence in Arts, by Claudio Porcellana)

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - 16 GB RAM - Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40GHz Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology - 16GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz - NVIDIA GeForce GT 103 GPU - A wacom tablet, but I prefer my HID-compliant Optical Wheel Mouse

AI has been making waves in the graphic arts and digital painting world.

AI has been making waves in the graphic arts and digital painting world. It has been used to create art pieces indistinguishable from those produced by humans.

AI may also speed up the creative process by creating ideas and designs that artists can use as a starting point for their work. Artists may do more in the same amount of time because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by bijutoha View Post
    AI has been making waves in the graphic arts and digital painting world. It has been used to create art pieces indistinguishable from those produced by humans.
    this is largely debatable

Quote Originally Posted by bijutoha View Post
    AArtists may do more in the same amount of time because of this.
    Since the Industrial Revolution we've heard many hypes like this, and all them resulted to be lies

I am almost sure that AI (that is not intelligent at all BTW, but just a forger) will do the same
    Your business and your life are happening at the same time. Don't separate them. Integrate them.
    (David Taylor-Klaus)

"Long live RAIA"
    (Rebellion against Artificial Intelligence in Arts, by Claudio Porcellana)

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - 16 GB RAM - Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40GHz Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology - 16GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz - NVIDIA GeForce GT 103 GPU - A wacom tablet, but I prefer my HID-compliant Optical Wheel Mouse