Thread: Layer color adjust tools?

Question Layer color adjust tools?

Hi,
    I am a little lost with the software and wanted to ask where the image color adjustment tools are... Kind of what photoshop has (color curves, color levels, hue and saturation adjustment etc).
    Thanks

Hello MarceloFavio and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    Truth be told ArtRage has only limited colour adjustment tools compared to some other image editing software.
    In ArtRage you can adjust either a whole layer or by, first using the Selection tool to isolate a specific area of a layer, and then going to; Edit > Filters > Adjust Layer Colours…
    In the Panel that opens are 4 sliders to adjust Brightness, Contrast, Hue and Colour.
    You can see how your changes look in the Preview window of the panel in real time as you move the sliders.
    You can click and drag inside the Preview window to move focus to any part of the canvas.
    Whenever you stop moving the sliders, the layer or preselected layer area will start to update to reflect your changes which can be used as a form of Preview to see how the entire layer will look. On large canvases this can take awhile!
    When you are happy with your adjustments click on the OK button, bottom right of the window or hit the Return key.
    You can read more about AR’s colour adjustment panel here: https://www.artrage.com/manuals/laye...-layer-colors/
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by MarceloFavio View Post
    Hi,
    I am a little lost with the software and wanted to ask where the image color adjustment tools are... Kind of what photoshop has (color curves, color levels, hue and saturation adjustment etc).
    Thanks
    in addition to what Mark has shared above, you can export your artrage files as .png or .psd documents and edit them in a 3-rd party application you have more experience with that has advanced color grading instruments.

you can split paint and paint depth channels and export them separately, if you need that much fidelity, as well.

I barely edit my artrage paintings color-wise because I tend to pre-mix the exact color harmonies I have in my mind as I paint, and this is the major part of the artrage experience - it mixes paint in a fantastic, impeccable way - but if you need complex color correction, that part is better taken to a specialized app.