Thread: Attempt to Reproduce a Peter Paul Rubens painting.

Attempt to Reproduce a Peter Paul Rubens painting.

I decided from looking in a "History of Art Book" as a challenge to produce a digital painting of a work created by a historic Dutch master "Peter Paul Rubens" entitled "The 'Marriage of Marie de' Medici to Henri IV of France'. This was my choice for practice.
    I find this historic masters' artwork to be inspirational and excellent in quality.

I had this painting in "Work in Progress" here at AR over the past year, some of you here may have seen posts of this image in earlier stages. At this point I have decided to let it be, not that it couldn't use some improvements yet quite honestly if I keep thinking that way I will never feel the painting is done.

Anyway I have to admit, Art Rage is damn good digital painting software. If I were able to come up with an image like this through many hours of work this has to be digital painting software that offers unlimited potential.
    I have read on the internet comments made by graphic artists saying it does not matter what software you work with, if you have the determination and ability you can do anything. Not sure I agree with that comment, I have tried and worked with a multitude of different digital painting programs yet never came up with a painting like this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Peter Paul Rubens The Marriage 18b2 Signed.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	500.4 KB 
ID:	103027  
    I have a personally designed artwork gallery website at: www.stephenlopiano.com
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.

I have watched the progress of this painting Stephen. You are a marvel to have the patience to produce all the fine detail I see in this very beautiful painting. What are you going to tackle next? I absolutely agree with you about the scope of AR.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Yes, it’s a very old tradition studying and reproducing paintings by past masters.
    Always an invaluable exercise and nicely done Stephen
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

This looks great!

Really wonderful Stephen. I too, have watched you slowly work on this and I admire what you've done!

Brett
    Kia whakatōmuri te haere whakamua (“I walk backwards into the future with my eyes fixed on my past”).

Tech stuff: 24" iMac M1: Wacom Intuos Pro L: iPad Pro 12.9"

I'm getting involved in other things at the present time. Blender 3d Animation program is something I chase yet never seem to tackle. This is a fast changing program that keeps getting more complex. They have introduced in the past years nodes, first shader nodes and now geometry nodes. Trying to wrap my head around this stuff.
    A second project is the possibility of changing my personal designed web site that is kind of an art gallery of all my work. I am looking into possibly changing some of the html and css coding to add flexbox and a new css style type coding.
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.

Thanks for the time and consideration.

Appreciate your input, thank you. Many hours of work and patience put into this one.