Thread: Attempt to Reproduce a Peter Paul Rubens painting.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Attempt to Reproduce a Peter Paul Rubens painting.

I decided from looking in a "History of Art Book" as a challenge to produce a digital painting of a work created by a historic Dutch master "Peter Paul Rubens" entitled "The 'Marriage of Marie de' Medici to Henri IV of France'. This was my choice for practice.
    I find this historic masters' artwork to be inspirational and excellent in quality.

I had this painting in "Work in Progress" here at AR over the past year, some of you here may have seen posts of this image in earlier stages. At this point I have decided to let it be, not that it couldn't use some improvements yet quite honestly if I keep thinking that way I will never feel the painting is done.

Anyway I have to admit, Art Rage is damn good digital painting software. If I were able to come up with an image like this through many hours of work this has to be digital painting software that offers unlimited potential.
    I have read on the internet comments made by graphic artists saying it does not matter what software you work with, if you have the determination and ability you can do anything. Not sure I agree with that comment, I have tried and worked with a multitude of different digital painting programs yet never came up with a painting like this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Peter Paul Rubens The Marriage 18b2 Signed.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	500.4 KB 
ID:	103027  
    I have a personally designed artwork gallery website at: www.stephenlopiano.com
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.