Thread: Can I use water?

Can I use water?

Hello everyone !

Glad to post a message as Krystel.

I would like to know if I can use water (and how) with ink pen, pencil, oil brush, crayon, chalk and tube. Do we meet the real experience?

Thank you.

Hello Krystel and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    Unlike their real world counterparts all of ArtRage’s real media tools will happily interact with each other.
    Often helping their interaction by using the Pallet Knife tool, without paint, to mix them.
    However if you are wanting ArtRage’s oil based media, like the crayon or oil paint tools for example to repel watercolours then that level simulation isn’t supported in ArtRage.
    If you are unsure if ArtRage is the right app for you then the best thing to do would be to try the free demo version of ArtRage and see how you like it: https://www.artrage.com/demos/
    The demo version is actually ArtRage 6, the predecessor of the current ArtRage Vitae, but essentially all the main real media tools and their abilities are the same.
    And of course you can always ask more questions here on the forums
    Last edited by markw; 03-23-2023 at 06:30 AM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

hi Krystel

are you using artrage for mobile or desktop for PC/Mac?

ArtRage for desktop has a feature called "stencils" if you want to create water-media paintings digitally.

I have shared a set of stencils that helps with painting in watercolor technique, you can download it here:

https://forums.artrage.com/showthrea...ts-for-ArtRage

you can mix them with different media, but "watercolor" brush and "gloop pen" brush work best.

When using an ink pen with water, it will dilute the ink, creating lighter and more translucent lines. Water can also be used with pencils to achieve different effects. One technique is called "watercolor pencil" where you draw with watercolor pencils and then use a wet brush to spread and blend the colors. You can also create a wash by applying water over the pencil lines, creating a softer and more painterly appearance.

This a forum for digital painting.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]