Thread: Tool Box, Tools

Tool Box, Tools

Hello, I wanted to pull into my ARV brushes, like into the instruction described from Photoshop. But I have not installed Photoshop and do not want to buy it. I found some samples to download into Pinterest.
    But I cannot load the tool-box which is into the menue in black and should be available to pull into my paintings. That means: I cannot get the downloaded brushes zu pull into a tool-box. If I klick "Werkzeugkiste" the German word for "toolbox" appear only my documents, where I do not have an ARV toolbox of course.
    How can I activate the "toolbox" or in German "Werkzeugkiste" Werkzeugkasten?
    And then try to download brushes out of my files? Like I can do and then use with color-pallets from Pinterest?

2.nd: After I have many interesting pallets found into Pinterest which I can download into my files and if I need them, into the colortools and into the wheel. (That works, but not quite sufficiant)
    To get the chosen colors is no problem, but the pallets do not have the format of the wheels, I should be able and learn, how to keep that into the order of colorwheels.
    Like I have downloaded any of a user (from whom I do not remember the name or found again to say "'thank you')
    My question: How and where do I geht the kind of wheels for colors to make from square-palets or other forms really beautiful wheel-pallets? Which I could offer here for other user like the user who did it already?
    Because I can use pallets, but often not fully, they are often too numerous so I can only use a part of it.
    OK, that could be some work. But I do not have to do it all at once, do I?
    Yours LaFemmeDuLac

Hello La Femme, I hope some of the following will help you. Mark may have something to add.

The Toolbox panel is a custom set of brushes that you tend to use the most. You can create your own by enabling the Toolbox window (click View > Toolbox panel). Whenever you want to add a preset to your Toolbox, right-click it and choose Add to Toolbox. Your toolbox resets with each painting, but you can save your toolbox so that it reloads with each new piece.

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  34.1 KB

As for colour palettes have you looked at Tools/Color Options/Select Custom Picker from Disk. Did you know that you can insert a reference or any picture into the colorwheel from which to choose colours?

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  15.0 KB

A member created a script for making AR colour pickers from images - you can find the thread here https://forums.artrage.com/showthrea...color+palettes

Like this - Name:  Screenshot 2023-02-06 172625_palette.png
Views: 345
Size:  28.3 KB Name:  Screenshot 2023-02-06 172625.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  29.9 KB
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Thanks

Dear Enug,
    thank you very much! The possibilities with the colours I already figured out. also with things, animals from which I can get the colours.
    Also the brush-window into the menue. And how to make the given brushes to make fitting for what I want. But somewhere into the threads I found the picture of the toolbox/Werkzeugkiste and how to put in brushes e.g from Photoshop. Also into the manual and also into the additional advices I got from Marc. But for that I need the toolbox. Which I can click on, but there is nothing behind, only my own files into documents and pictures. At least, it is not urgent, I tried a lot. But it did not work.
    And I read a lot into the thread, but the older are no due to "Vitae".
    Have I nice day, the picture of the island is very beautiful, I like it.
    Liebe Grüße

Hello Waltraud. I'm sorry I don't understand what you are saying about the toolbox and putting photoshop brushes in it. As far as I have found you can only save AR brushes and presets. AR6 and Vitae are very much alike and tools will work the same in both. I don't understand "Which I can click on, but there is nothing behind, only my own files into documents and pictures" I apologise for not being able to help.

I hope you don't think I am rude but perhaps if you write in German then we can use Google Translate and we will understand each other more easily.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Hello Waltraud, like June I’m not actually sure what you are trying to do, sorry!
    As June has said the only Photoshop tools that ArtRage can import are .abr brushes which you need to first import into ArtRage before adding them to a Toolbox.
    But even once imported .abr brushes will still need to have their setting adjusted to work correctly in ArtRage, as AR doesn’t import the brush settings for these types of brushes, just the images that are used for the brush heads.

The only thing I might add at this point regarding Toolboxes is a link to the online Help page about them which may be of help: https://www.artrage.com/manuals/gett...and-workbench/
    (You can ignore the second half of the Help page about ‘Workbench Mode’, which was a feature only found in AR4 and was replaced in AR5 and onwards by Docking Mode).

If you can give us any more information or screenshots of what you are trying to do then pleas do, even in German, it’s not a problem.
    Hope we can help
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

The same

Hello Enug,
    Thank you for responding immediately. Tomorrow I will make screenshots from the menue and what appears after I clicked on ' Werkzeugkiste". And I'll cite the paragraph in which was explained how we can implement brushes and almost only from Photoshop. Maybe I find the thread here where is shown by screenshots how it works. Which made me recognize my Werkzeugkoffer/toolbox does not work/exist.
    Have a nice day and don't worry, it is all not urgent.
    Regards, W

Experiments

Hello Mark, thank you for your hints. At the beginning I received form DaveRage "The "How to thread for downloading and installing ArtRage Resources.
    There was written under the item: 'Photoshop Brushes' :
    You can import .abr Brushes from Photoshop into the Sticker Spray as new Sticker images. Vector brushes and some presets with custom PSD settings will not work.
    1.Open the Sticker Spray Presets
    2.Click the menu button, then choose 'import photoshop brush'
    3.Browse to the .abr file you want to import.
    4.Yout should be presented with a list of all the available brushes heads in the file. Select the one you want to import and choose 'OK'

That is what I tried. There is not something like that into Stickers and it does not work.
    I tried to 'Werkzeugkiste" it does not work.
    I already tried all which is dark-black into the menue.
    But your hint first to import the brushes from Photoshop int ARV is - if it is possible anyway - I did not yet try.
    Where do I have to import them first, analog to the pallets and coloursamples which works well.
    But behind the "Werkzeugkiste" here in nothing which one user described and showed by screenshots (I guess).
    If you need, I have made screenshots as well.
    I will send them to you later.
    I just try to learn and to know, what is possible and if possible, how.
    But at least: If you are a lousy pianoplayer you won't be brillant if you buy an expensive Steinway wing.
    The same ist with painting and tools and brushes, expensive equipment and so on.
    Have a nice day.
    Walttraud

Sreenshots

Hello, this is what appears if I try to implement brushes from Photoshop - but not direct from Photshop. There are lots of it offered into Pinterest. But despite of that is not to transfer via Pinterest, toolbox/Werkzeugkasten is not to find on my Surface Book.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2023-02-11 (1).jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	207.6 KB 
ID:	102931

Name:	2023-02-11 (3).jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	186.6 KB 
ID:	102933

Name:	2023-02-11 (4).jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	204.3 KB 
ID:	102934

Name:	2023-02-11.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	179.5 KB 
ID:	102935

Name:	2023-02-11 (2).jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	174.3 KB 
ID:	102932

Thanks for the screenshots
    While you were doing those I thought I would make a little recording of importing Photoshop brushes into AR.
    Remember you need to have the PS brushes that you want in ArtRage on your system first as a .abr file.
    Hope the recording helps.
    https://youtu.be/Grp7HxASwxo

Though I don’t show it in my recording, after importing the PS brushes, only then can you add them to a new or existing Toolbox.
    But before adding them to a Toolbox you will need to setup each brush as you want it first.
    With the Sticker Spray tool selected, select one of the newly imported brushes in the Presets Panel and then open the Spray Variations panel in the Sticker Spray Settings Panel and adjust the setting found there to your liking for each brush.
    Once you are happy with a brush Save it as a new Sticker Spray Preset before moving on to the next one!
    This can all take a long time to get PS brushes working the way you want them to in AR!
    When your ready to add any of these new brushes, or any other tool, to a Toolbox I would refer you back to the Toolbox Help page link in my earlier post.
    Last edited by markw; 02-12-2023 at 05:36 AM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Thanks

Hello Marc, thanks for your quick respond. Tomorrow I will try and watch it all on my surface. The Surface Book 3 is anyhow special and I have to be patiently. Here on our Pad is it different but though convenient easier. I have chosen that surface, because it has a removable touchscreen for writing and now painting to turn and fix again an the move into a right angle. To get is direkt before me. I can also use it like a Pad/Tablet. But the processor is into the screen, means, it is heavy. But I have certain problems with my eyes and Book 3 has an edition with 15 inch.
    June asked me to type in German. But that would be fiddling, because if I type within an English page it changes all words into German or underlines it. Though I have all languages I know installed on every device. Now I have to edit it twice at least, but then 10 times and if I sent away it changes sometimes in totally illegible words. On here the editor knows the English spelling.
    Sorry! Out of that I am a 10 finger-blind tipper and accustomed to type English to with the German key-order.
    Have a nice Sunday, Waltraud