Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has Ambient Design given up on ArtRage Vitae?

Quote Originally Posted by nekomata View Post
    this is good to hear (by the way, artrage social media is active on facebook and twitter both, you're welcome to join the club if you share artrage content; the community is not super huge, but it's more lively than a lot of niche software hangouts, and the vibe is good.)

I don't understand where this fear of abandonment is coming from right now.

there's regular e-mail communication from the team when new discounts or news are shared, and there's a dedicated space to share your art and custom trinkets here, all of which you're welcome to participate in. I would imagine most of the team are really just too tired to hangout online given the number of versions there's out there to develop and support, if they want to spend time away from the gadgets, I don't see a problem with that...
    I took that notion into consideration awhile back. For me personally, I went ahead & addressed it because I'm fairly, "Better to be safe than sorry". I try not to get too riled up about things like this, that's how you can have lapses in judgement.

rebelle boasts enhanced physically superior color mixing for two versions straight now, but both old and new pigment systems they have to me look dead and synthetic compared to color blending that artrage had since the very start
    Rebelle 5 seems has more correct color mixing than AR. AR so named `real colors` produces unexpected results and fails in comlemetary colors mixing.

AR default brushes is hard to name valuable while extended brushes are seems complex to set up, unintuitive and slow.

I'm looking more and more at the Rebelle, although I haven't painted anything in it yet .

Quote Originally Posted by cinematik View Post
    Rebelle 5 seems has more correct color mixing than AR. AR so named `real colors` produces unexpected results and fails in comlemetary colors mixing.

AR default brushes is hard to name valuable while extended brushes are seems complex to set up, unintuitive and slow.

I'm looking more and more at the Rebelle, although I haven't painted anything in it yet .
    good luck with this part!

I haven't found the perfect single tool that covers all my needs, but without artrage I would have given up on digital art ages ago and never looked back.

the other week I found out that a brush engine feature I liked in recent versions of competing apps (krita and artstudio pro) was actually implemented in a quiet sly way in artrage 4, and that it actually predates its competitors by a decade.

the other week I found out that a brush engine feature I liked in recent versions of competing apps (krita and artstudio pro) was actually implemented in a quiet sly way in artrage 4, and that it actually predates its competitors by a decade.
    Come on, I even didn't know about artstudio pro since it available only for mac, so it's not really a competing app. My "brush tests" in the Krita made me quickly remove it and forget it)

Rebelle simple default size document with one layer take more that 1Gb memory to run while AR less than 100Mb, but these days it's not a big deal. Seems that Rebelle's memory usage grows as long as you paint, but after some time of idle it reduces the amount of memory it takes. Rebelle is only one document a time app, while in AR you can open some docs simultaneously.
    Last edited by cinematik; 03-04-2023 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cinematik View Post
    Come on, I even didn't know about artstudio pro since it available only for mac, so it's not really a competing app.
    mac and portables... for ipad users, artrage doesn't really have direct competition, I'd put artstudio in photoshop lite/procreate category of painting tools.

it's a neat replacement for photoshop for people who prefer the glazed, cg-looking style for their paintings. it's fast. it's not artrage, because there's very little going on in terms on paint depth and canvas interaction with paint and brush attributes, but there're some nice little ideas sprinkled all over, it's obvious they did put a lot of thought into it.

I didn't like rebelle enough when I tried it (n.b. - I'm not really a watercolorist, so the brilliant water engine they have is useless for me), but I noticed some pretty aggressive upselling they do for optional paper and canvas options, and that, coupled with tiered pricing for the app itself, was quite a turn off.

You both have hijacked the OP's thread. How about starting your own to continue this conversation?
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
    You both have hijacked the OP's thread. How about starting your own to continue this conversation?
    Rebelle and Krita are both being referenced in post # 3, first page of this thread, FYI.

I don't see OP participating in a thread since its inception, what would be the problem here?

artrage social media is active on facebook and twitter both, you're welcome to join the club if you share artrage content
    IG is also a place to share artragу related content. What is interesting is that these places hardly overlap with each other. Just as you are unlikely to find content from this forum anywhere else.

Has Ambient Design given up on ArtRage Vitae?

Who knows?

But as far as I can do what I want with AR, and my OS allows for that, I'll use it

In my work, I still use a very old and discontinued tool because it has literally no rivals

BTW, I tried all competitors, and even if some apps resulted to be more useful (easier to use in comics) their GUIs with little fonts are unbearable, while AR is just fine

P.S: I know that my OS (Windows 10) lets me increase the font size, but this impact negatively with many tools I use at work (and not only), so it's not a viable option

P.S 2: nowadays, mobile devices are prevailing in many fields, so I expect in the future more development in that area, compared to desktops; sad but true
    Your business and your life are happening at the same time. Don't separate them. Integrate them.
    (David Taylor-Klaus)

"Long live RAIA"
    (Rebellion against Artificial Intelligence in Arts, by Claudio Porcellana)

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - 16 GB RAM - Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40GHz Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology - 16GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz - NVIDIA GeForce GT 103 GPU - A wacom tablet, but I prefer my HID-compliant Optical Wheel Mouse