Thread: Huge menu problem

Gallery
    View images

Huge menu problem

I loved Artrage 2.1 and I was looking forward to trying the 2.2 version...unfortunately I am having a problem.

When I go to make a new painting, instead of bringing up a normal sized menu like the old one, it puts me into a HUGE menu where I can't see the top or bottom... I can't scroll down either, so I can only select things that are in the middle where I can see them...the only thing I can choose is the grain of the paper. I can't click on OK, because I can't see it.

My monitor is 600x800, I run win2k with sp4 and I've had no problems with the previous version of Artrage at all. But if there isn't some way of resizing this menu, I won't be able to use 2.2 It's a hugely annoying thing to wrestle with every time I want to make a new painting.

The new textures look really cool, though, from what I could see of them.

Gallery
    View images
    I am having the same problem as Melinda. I have to close down Artrage to start another painting.
    Toyhock

Gallery
    View images
    From reading some other posts it may be due to the "low" screen resolution. I set it at 600x800 because I can't see at any resolution lower than that. It doesn't seem low to me. Not everyone has a monitor big enough for 1024x768 or higher resolutions.

Hopefully they will fix it. But until then, it's too much of a hassle for me to use. I'm rolling back to the old Artrage.

Gallery
    View images
    Hi everyone,

That is correct, it is a problem in Artrage 2.2. However, if the problem is that you are having difficulty clicking the OK or cancel buttons, you can use enter for OK, escape for cancel and that will also work. That will prevent you from having to stick with ArtRage 2.1.

We do have a fix for this for our next free update. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    I'll have to wait for the update, because that menu hurts my eyes.

Looks like it'll be fun, though. Those new textures look interesting.

Gallery
    View images
    The earlier information I gave on working around this in 2.2 wasn't entirely accurate. In order to "Cancel" this menu, you'd need to press <esc> twice
    In order to press "OK", you'd need to press <enter> twice. Sorry for the error there!

Hope that helps anyone who is running at 800 x 600 and who is unable to see those two buttons in the meantime.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design