ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: How do I make a Desktop icon using ArtRage?

Gallery
    View images

How do I make a Desktop icon using ArtRage?

Attention professional users!

Save me a lot of research and spell out how to make a desk top icon with ArtRage.

My desktop is a shambles of default MS symbols.
    It's caused by paranoia, all cookies get eliminated, and with them company icons.
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.

Gallery
    View images
    isn't there a default Artrage icon after download? if there isn't, it should show up on the menu when you press Start, then you can just copy that icon and paste it on your desktop. at least, I hope that's the answer you were looking for :?

Gallery
    View images
    Shortcuts in Windows XP can be given icons from specific files which contain a list, or single icon files with the ICO format if I remember rightly. You'd need to use some icon creation software which can convert standard images to Windows icons in order to do that as ArtRage can't do that itself.

If the items are shortcuts with no icon other than the "blank" windows icon, you can change their icon by right clicking them, going to properties and under the "Shortcut" tab, clicking "Change icon" to view the default list of possible images. If you have a specific icon you've created or found ( in ICO format ) you can then hit "Browse" and set "Files of Type" to "icons".

That sounded a lot clearer in my head than it did typed!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for your answers, I'll find an Icon creator.

I expect that it will give me parameters so that I can paint the originals in ArtRage.

Gallery
    View images
    That will probably do the trick. I wish I could give an idea of what might be good but I'd have to plead ignorance with those apps! I suspect they'll be likely to support BMP and JPG images if they have the ability to import though.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Hey Phil. Try Irfanview. Funny name perhaps but a great little viewer/converter. www.irfanview.com. It can save out ico files.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Gallery
    View images
    Ah David, you are the font of all knowledge!

Perfect non technical programme. It may well displace Vueprint on my desktop.

Thank you.

And stop talking to the Cintiq as you work, it's a sign of obsession!