Thread: Not painted anything for 50 years .

Not painted anything for 50 years .

Hi all. I am 73 years old. Marriage and family stopped any artistic flair. I now have a disability. Ataxia that effects the cerabelum. No balance. A nurological problem.
    Now turned back to art as my other abilities are compromised.
    Rather out of touch on the art side. Trying to find my way back. Hard to find my way. Love a challenge. Nice forum. Keep up the good work
    I am an admin on windowsforum.com. I run the water cooler. It is a technology forum. The water cooler is the off topic area. Very off topic
    Last edited by wkawhoosh; 12-07-2022 at 12:47 PM.

Hello wkawhoosh and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    Well, it’s never too late for one to reconnect with ones artistic self. Art will always find a way!
    Some interesting resent posts from you in the Gallery I see I particularly like ‘Waiting For A Train’ and ‘No Chance of a Quiet Arrival’ is quite intriguing...
    Are you using ArtRage on a desktop or on a portable devise?
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Hello markw

I am using a laptop and a XP Pen Innovator. I perch the ,Innovator on my lap. I tend to sleep on art. The general inclination is to allow my mind to dwell
    on my next attempt. Apon waking I go to work.
    I feel like a newb due to such a long time without practice. Hope springs eternal
    Thanks for your enquiry and kind words.
    I must admit I am rather busy these days. As I stated before I am an admin on windowsforum.com. User name ,whoosh. There is a lot of spam on the forum. I am kept busy checking new members posts.
    So I spend my day weaving my way between there and here.
    In between I practice my art.
    Fun though. I have never worked in the PC industry just a hobbyist .
    Never made a penny via work on the forum and do not expect to. Just my main interest. Art is now gaining a foothold and filling my mind with introspections.
    Time flies. Practice makes perfect. I hope
    Last edited by wkawhoosh; 12-17-2022 at 01:51 PM.

It’s great to see you having so much fun in your return to creating art! You certainly have sprung out of the traps full speed!

Dose practice make perfect in art, maybe but there seems always one more thing to reach for, another technique to try, another avenue to explore...
    I’m reminded of Hokusai’s thoughts in later life on his artistic journey;

"From the age of six I had a mania for drawing the shapes of things.
    When I was fifty I had published a universe of designs.
    But all I have done before the age of seventy is not worth bothering with.
    At seventy-five I'll have learned something of the pattern of nature, of animals, of plants, of trees, birds, fish and insects.
    When I am eighty you will see real progress.
    At ninety I shall have cut my way deeply into the mystery of life itself.
    At one hundred, I shall be a marvellous artist.
    At 110, everything I create; a dot, a line, will jump to life as never before.
    To all of you who are going to live as long as I do, I promise to keep my word.
    I am writing this in my old age. I used to call myself Hokusai, but today I sign myself The Old Man Mad About Drawing."
    If heaven had granted me five more years, I could have become a real painter."
    Hokusai 1760 ~ 1849
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    On Instagram

Hokusai’s sunds like my kinda guy

I got it all worked out . First 10 years practice then mellow down a tad. My whoosh needs to relax . To much pent up frenetic energy. I am so driven at this moment in time.
    My thoughts on AI. I can not see AI as art. Very good to look at. No soul and so repetitive. Art is not perfection but the quest for it.
    I know I am imperfect and that is what drives me. Striving to make the subconscious, conscious.
    I tend to go off topic at times = lol.
    Great forum by the way. Have a great day all.

Quote Originally Posted by wkawhoosh View Post
    ...Art is not perfection but the quest for it.
    I know I am imperfect and that is what drives me. Striving to make the subconscious, conscious...
    Couldn’t have put it better myself! So true!
    As for AI “art”, it is a refection in many ways of the wider modern world, shallow, superficial and yes, soulless.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    On Instagram

I am going to ease off a tad

I need to lower my output not fair to others. Sorry but enthusiasm took over. I am used to running the , Water Cooler single handed. So high output is a way of life.
    Will keep it down to one a week. Will be hard but I can concentrate more. I will retire to my garret clutching a bottle of , absinthe . Erm yeah.
    Last edited by wkawhoosh; 12-20-2022 at 03:27 PM.

I tried to ease off.

Very strange situation. I am finding it almost addictive the need to produce art. Seems I have a lot of pent up expression to put into paintings.
    Guess because most other means of expression are now closed to me, art has taken over .
    Last edited by wkawhoosh; 01-23-2023 at 08:41 AM.