Thread: Arif Patel Preston Dubai | Which Paper I Use In Oil Painting.

Post Arif Patel Preston Dubai | Which Paper I Use In Oil Painting.

Arif Patel Preston Dubai| Hello Guys I'm Create Some Oil Painting, I Don't Know Which Type Of Paper I Should Use In Oil Painting, Please Suggest Me Which Paper Is Best.....

Hello arifpatelprestondubaiuk and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    Well, you can of course use whatever canvas texture works for you but I suppose for a “traditional” look a good starting point would be one of the textures found under the ‘Canvas’ Presets in the 'Canvas Settings' Panel.
    On the occasions that I do use Oils, my personal favourite is the 'Essential Canvas' preset that comes with AR, although I do tweak the Grain and Roughness settings to suit the size of canvas I’m working with.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by arifpatelprestondubaiuk View Post
    Arif Patel Preston Dubai| Hello Guys I'm Create Some Oil Painting, I Don't Know Which Type Of Paper I Should Use In Oil Painting, Please Suggest Me Which Paper Is Best.....
    Hello Arif Patel and fellow artists,

Choosing the right paper for oil painting can significantly impact the outcome and durability of your artwork. While traditional canvases are commonly used, there are papers specifically designed for oil paints that offer great results.

I recommend looking for heavyweight, acid-free paper that is specifically labeled as suitable for oil painting. These papers are usually primed or have a fine texture to hold the paint effectively. Brands like Arches Oil Paper and Canson offer high-quality options that you might find useful. They are durable and prevent the oil from seeping through.

Another tip is to experiment with different types of paper to see which suits your style best. Remember, the choice of paper can also influence the texture and brushwork of your painting.

Happy painting, and I look forward to seeing your creations!