Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice Needed on Digital Art Pen

Advice Needed on Digital Art Pen

Hello, Ragers. I upgraded my settings and now there are no downloads for my old wacom. Do you have any advice on an economical pen? It seems when a huge upgrade is needed, out goes the printer and the pen. Not so great for a retired person on a budget.

When my Wacom failed, and then Huion failed, I purchased the Xp-Pen Deco 03. I have had no problems with it, solid drivers, and find it equal or better than my previous Wacom.

Xp-Pen also recently released a surprisingly high quality and affordable screen tablet.

This is good news to me, thank you Chagrin. Really appreciate it!

Just checking, which Wacom tablet model are you using, and what is your current operating system? I can check and see if I can find anything which will let you keep using your old tablet.

This would be great, Dave. Mine is a Bamboo CTH-460. I downloaded their latest downloads for my mac, but it did not work. I couldn't even find it on their lists though. I did not contact them, and I should have. They have always offered great service. It seems such a waste to just throw away something that is still workable. I know when my printer went out the last time, I called the printer company which I would not publicly name. I even suggested buying a download driver as I had just purchased ink. I had done this in the past. I told the rep we needed to keep things out of the landfills, but I couldn't get anywhere. I had to donate a perfectly good printer with new ink. Very irritating and expensive. Now I buy the least expensive printer out there. Poor marketing really. Enough of my complaining, thanks, Dave!

From what I can see on their website, it looks like that Bamboo should work correctly on macOS, even if you're running the latest version, so unless there's a problem with the tablet itself ( and in my experience the hardware tends to be pretty reliable ), there's no need to buy another tablet.

Here's what I'd recommend:

-Make sure you have downloaded the latest driver from www.wacom.com for your tablet and installed it

Here's a link to their drivers page ( Wacom US ) https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support/...upport/drivers

-If the tablet isn't working at all after that, contact Wacom support and they should be able to help solve the problem
    -If the tablet appears to be working but there's a problem using it in ArtRage, email me directly at [email protected] with the details of what you're seeing and I can do some troubleshooting with you.

I hope this helps!

Thank you, Dave! I really appreciate it! Also I wanted to say I love the cover page artwork of AR you all have chosen. Wonderful artist and work!

Alexandra, I recently had issues with my Wacom Intuos, also pretty old, also expensive. I was determined to get to the bottom of it. Wacom have staff dedicated to troubleshooting and I found them responsive and thorough. They talked me through troubleshooting. (Turns out it was my computer, not the pen.)

In reponse to Chagrin, I am using a new 15.6 inch Huion Pen Tablet monitor (vs the Wacom Intuos 5 I use to use) and it works great with Artrage 5.
    The past is history, the future is a mystery, all you have is the present

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Happy Larry View Post
    Alexandra, I recently had issues with my Wacom Intuos, also pretty old, also expensive. I was determined to get to the bottom of it. Wacom have staff dedicated to troubleshooting and I found them responsive and thorough. They talked me through troubleshooting. (Turns out it was my computer, not the pen.)
    Thank you, SHL, I just sent an SOS to wacom. Tried installing latest downloads for my old wacom with no sign of life still. Hopefully things will be resolved soon. Seems that latest updates have knocked out a lot of users digital pens. I read that they are working on an update and will have it soon though.