Thread: newbie saying hello

Gallery
    View images

newbie saying hello

Hi all, just signed up and wanted to introduce myself. Apologies straight away if I have posted this in the wrong place.
    My name is Graham, I live in the UK and for many years I have been drawing pencil portraits. I want to have a go at submitting single-panel cartoons to mags. newspapers etc and realised I needed to join the technical age.
    I am awaiting delivery of a new Wacom Volito2 and after googling it and the Artrage name I found myself at your door.
    I have to tell you I have hardly been away from these pages since. It's a whole new world opened up.
    I have already caught myself asking 'what's the catch?' when I see how powerful your software is LOL, it can't arrive soon enough for me.
    Apart from the product, I am taken aback as to how helpful you guys are to each other. From the posts I have read so far I don't detect any rivalries or one-upmanship going on which is great
    I'm sure I will have plenty of questions as time goes on and I promise to keep it brief from now on :lol:
    You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead.

Gallery
    View images
    Welcome to the forums, 20LEgend.
    We do get a lot of "what's the catch".
    There isn't any!
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    thanks andy. It was actually delivered today. Amazon have totally excelled on this one. Its every bit as good as I hoped it would be.
    You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead.

Gallery
    View images
    Looking forward to seeing your postings Graham. Yes, you will find this to be a fantastically supportive community. I've only been here a few weeks and I'm still constantly amazed by the spirit of commeraderie (sp?) and international support. There are no nationalities here ... we are all members of the nation of Art.

Gallery
    View images
    You'll love it here... It's a great forum filled with kind, talented people of all skill levels.

Welcome aboard!
    Ever tried? Ever failed? No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. -S. Beckett

Gallery
    View images
    Welcome 20Legend. Look forward to seeing your art work. Enjoy.