Thread: Tile design 2--part2--screenshot--see what you think!

Lightbulb Tile design 2--part2--screenshot--see what you think!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tile2 part 2--screenshot.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	290.2 KB 
ID:	102611

This is the 2nd part of this coloring. I am doing it in oil paint technique. The colors used to show gradations of color can be seen in the toolbox samples. I also turn insta dry off but leave auto clean on (this hides the little glass to rinse the virtual paint brush. The paint brush is cleaned each time one lifts it from the surface of the painting.

I also like a square brush because it gives even pressure with lines. One can get a point by letting up on pressure of the brush.

Comments and questions welcome.

Sue
    Sue Morin

I'm guessing that you took advantage of the stencil tools and paint symmetry option features of Art Rage to create this image?

On second thought after viewing another thread you have here, this is from a coloring book? If so you might get this type of tile design effect by using stencils and symmetry option.
    The painted colors look good, I would personally use black as the background color (or more correctly, lack of color) to accentuate the design patterns.
    Last edited by Stephen Lo Piano; 10-19-2022 at 11:14 PM.
    I have a personally designed artwork gallery website at: www.stephenlopiano.com
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.

Answering your question.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Lo Piano View Post
    I'm guessing that you took advantage of the stencil tools and paint symmetry option features of Art Rage to create this image?

On second thought after viewing another thread you have here, this is from a coloring book? If so you might get this type of tile design effect by using stencils and symmetry option.
    The painted colors look good, I would personally use black as the background color (or more correctly, lack of color) to accentuate the design patterns.
    Hi Stephen,

This image is from a coloring book page scanned into my graphics tablet then into my Pictures library. It is then availble to be uploaded into ARV as layer 1 as the illustration. No need for stencils and symmetry tricks. One gets a nice clear black and white image that one can trace with colored paint if one wishes in one layer, and then paint the resulting shape in a lower layer which makes it very easy not to mix the shapes one doesn't want to yet still blend colors within the shape.

I like your idea of a black background. Perhaps in another tile I'll use it.

The coloring books I use are from Dover Publications. This one in particular is illutrated by Marty Noble in a large series of coloring books for advanced adults called Creative Haven.

Here is the cover of this particular one:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	elegant tile designs--marty noble.jpg..jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	273.9 KB 
ID:	102613

I visited your website. You have accomplished the same level of expertise with your digital painting as your actual painting--very good!

Thank you for writing,

Susan
    Sue Morin