Quote Originally Posted by bauchladen View Post
Hi out there, the import lost all the layers. Ive tried this with an Affinity Photo export (to psd) and also with an original photoshop file with max compatibility. How to persevere the layers?

* File > import image file
this should import your .psd file directly to artrage, opening it with all layer and folder information (basic layers, no layer effects, no 16/32 bit files, no CMYK color space, no text layers, layer masks, and adjustment layers - all the extra stuff for .psd format is proprietary and adobe does not share the file format specifics; since artrage is a painting application, it's just 8 bit RGB files with layers, layer modes and layer folders that are supported.)

I'm not sure what exactly you have in that file causing the image flattening during file parsing by artrage, but basically every .psd file created in either photoshop or any compatible graphic design app saves an internal flattened canvas layer for preview (and possible last chance back-up) purpose; artrage picks up this flattened layer and pulls it in. I import files created in clip studio paint more or less every week, and they're imported correctly for the most past. I've never ran into the issue you're describing on mac, although I'm not on vita yet, but I don't think it's a version specific issue.

is it just a single isolated file that is giving you this issue by the way, or do you experience it with every file initially created with affinity photo?