First trial

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wasserfall 2.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	355.5 KB 
ID:	102554

First Trial, not perfect but done with joy

Great to see your first ArtRage painting here
    And perhaps the first glimpse of the landscapes of your imagination!

Quote Originally Posted by LaFemmeDuLac View Post
    ...not perfect but done with joy
    I like that sentiment, could be applied to so much else in life!
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

You might be right

Hi, thanks for your kind acknowledgement. It is always surprisingly what other persons discover into my painted pictures. That is why I often hesitate to give my paintings a title.
    Pondering about your remark? Yes their is something quite real: Our flat is 12 m above a mill-creek. We live in an old watermill. All time I am hearing more or less the water rushing. I love it.
    At the moment I am answering from our "megalith" iPad.
    For which I bought ArtRage Vitae on AppStore. I did as well one trial.
    Do I have to open a separate thread for each artwork?
    Kind regards

Quote Originally Posted by LaFemmeDuLac View Post
    ...Do I have to open a separate thread for each artwork?...
    Well, that’s up to you really...
    Many people here like to create a new thread for each painting they do.
    While others prefer to post any new work into the same thread as their previous pieces, especially if there is a common theme running through them.
    Either is OK.
    For myself, as I mostly do animal paintings, so I’ve kept the images that I have posted all in one suitably titled thread and just add new ones to it when I can.
    Though if I were to post something “non animal” I would probably make a new thread for it.

On a side note, I think I might be very jealous of where you live, it sounds idyllic!
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    On Instagram

That' s fine

Hi markw, thanks, because you are responding so quick and kindly. In your guidelines I read and understood: We may place our analog-paintings as well. Occassionally at the beginning I will do that too. Also to show and watch for myself the advances and differences, the developement. First I have to create the new kind by ArtRage, this is not going from one day to the next. I see digital art as a new and serious kind of art which was still have to develop, hasn't it? The way I become interested in it was by doing "Happy Color" in order to relax. I discovered a lot of very important details in different styles, even from artist of the past, Duerer, Waterhouse, Hokusai, Klimt, van Gogh, impressionists, cubists, expressionist e. g. but also exceptionally beautiful and exciting obviously digital created paints. By filling in the tiny parts space by space I learnt a lot more about painting-techniques. Just by the old masters, really. Short said: I wanted to learn digital art too. That how I came to ArtRage at least.
    And yes, it is idyllic here. If we look straight out to our windows we are looking into the green of a very tiny island of the little glacial river "Ilm" suited into an glacial valley, though the last glacial period was ending a few km northern.
    By the way: My avatar is a self-portrait, made four years ago. I wanted first to paint the boy-monk with the falcon. But then I thought: This picture is placed in internet even into google and I want to be with a falcon myself like the boy on the photo. I love and admire predator-birds. I love animals. I will try a self-protrait in style of that subject.
    I wanted to watch your pictures of animals, but an which place/page in "gallery" I have to search? I sometime dare to paint animals.
    Thank you for guiding and protecting the forum, yours LaFemmeDuLac

While digital art may be a relatively new medium and still evolving, even for the digital artist the lessons that can be learnt by studying the works of past masters like the ones you mention is always time well spent. For though they were working with physical media the underlying principles of art that guided their hands; composition, perspective, light and shadow, etc…, etc… are still the same for the digital artist. It’s only our tools that are different.

As for my animal paintings you can find them here: https://forums.artrage.com/showthrea...172#post534172
    Out of curiosity I looked up the Ilm on Google. And now I really am jealous of where you are! Some beautiful countryside there.
    Very inspirational for any artist!
    Last edited by markw; 09-13-2022 at 10:21 AM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    On Instagram

My opinion to

Hello Marc, what you expressed about art and digital art ist precise how I see it. Strange for some poeple that I discovered digital art during relaxing with "Happy Color". Of course, there are a lot of pictures which I do not appreciate. But it is a platform for everybody and for children, teenagers.
    It just do only those I like. First my lady-friend which has severe psychological problems sent to me pictures she loves: A little bit kitschy pictures of hearts, roses, dogs with ribbons, dressed. And before judging I thought: She need it as a kind of therapy, I will have an look in it. In order to encourage her honestly to do Happy Color.
    And I discovered the digital art in it. And now I am here
    Last edited by LaFemmeDuLac; 09-13-2022 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Reply