Thread: iPhone IOS Export without background

iPhone IOS Export without background

I can see if using OS desktop export with no background is possible - presumably this can be done on an iPhone (IOS) ? And I am just not seeing this ?

I have tried making first layer and reducing to zero opacity and drawing on top. Background still arrives in photo app on iPhone.

Hello asahiart, I don't have an iPhone but this may help in exporting without a background. Firstly, you need to set your canvas to cell. You will find this here - Canvas Settings/Special/Cell. This gives you a canvas without a background. Then when exporting you should choose .png and not .jpg. As I said I don't know about exporting to an iPhone as I use Android and have never tried to do this. I hope this helps.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Hello June

Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
    Hello asahiart, I don't have an iPhone but this may help in exporting without a background. Firstly, you need to set your canvas to cell. You will find this here - Canvas Settings/Special/Cell. This gives you a canvas without a background. Then when exporting you should choose .png and not .jpg. As I said I don't know about exporting to an iPhone as I use Android and have never tried to do this. I hope this helps.
    Hi June, thank you for advise, yes the issues lay with IOS and ArtRage is my understanding.
    If you wish to have a transparent background when using IOS you need at the start to make the background transparent in ArtRage.
    These options are not available in ArtRage IOS there after, example you appear not to be able to make background transparent.
    You can reduce opacity of the layer.
    In ArtRage IOS does not remove the background.

In Procreated you can simply just click the layer and hide LAYER export as PNG. Job done.
    Cell special none available in IOS ArtRage.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7CD38BEF-65FC-4443-9A3C-1DFBFDA54312.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	215.8 KB 
ID:	102532   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	46E16277-502C-4F6E-ABF4-9184567442E2.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	206.6 KB 
ID:	102530   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1091D5E8-61BA-4B6D-84EF-588EF8B160AD.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	219.6 KB 
ID:	102531   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25AF65CD-870D-4EDD-BDF3-4AB847A7DD1E.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	209.3 KB 
ID:	102529  

. Lumafusion

So after you made the drawing in ArtRage wishing to export as a PNG without background is not available in IOS.
    I over come this adding green background export to LumaFusion- remove green screen export as PNG.

Correct me please ArtRage HQ, hopefully I am wrong and you can export as a PNG with no background later in aproject.

I'm sorry I didn't understand that you were using the iOS version of AR. Because this is a 'cut-down' version, features available on the desktop version are missing. You can try the desktop demo and see what other features are missing from the iOS.

Your pirate looks like a mean character!
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]