Thread: Shortcut for color wheel?

Question Shortcut for color wheel?

Hi, I was wonder where is the menu for changing the shorcut for the color wheel? I found it is predetermined as SHIFT+ALT+CLICK, and I'll like to change it but I can't find where.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Color Wheel.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	153.1 KB 
ID:	102485

Hello decimecano and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    You can customise and assign new key commands to various aspects of the desktop versions of ArtRage by going to; Menubar > Edit > Set Keyboard Shortcuts…
    From the Key Commands window you can export/import backups of your key commands and if needed at any time reset them all to factory defaults.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    Hello decimecano and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    You can customise and assign new key commands to various aspects of the desktop versions of ArtRage by going to; Menubar > Edit > Set Keyboard Shortcuts…
    From the Key Commands window you can export/import backups of your key commands and if needed at any time reset them all to factory defaults.
    Thanks for the reply markw. still, I can't find where is the color wheel shortcut is located at, could you be more specific?

Sorry about that decimecano hope this makes it clearer.
    Menubar > Edit > Set Keyboard Shortcuts…
    In the window that opens, scroll down to the ‘Panel Commands’ tab and open it.
    Now scroll down through the Panel Command options till you find ‘Colour Picker’.
    To edit/add key commands:
    Add A Key Combination: Hover over the name of the shortcut you wish to edit and a ‘+’ button appears. Click it to add a new key combination to that event.
    Remove A Key Combination: Hover over the key combination you wish to remove and click the ‘x’ button that appears.
    Edit A Key Combination: Hover over the key combination you wish to edit and click the ‘…’ button that appears.

Looking back at your first post I am curious about the Colour Picker you seem to have there? Which version of ArtRage and OS are you using?
    I can only access that particular colour picker via a held click on the colour chip in the top UI menu bar in Docking mode or the left corner colour chip when in Classic mode.
    In either case it is confined to the edge of the UI next to the colour chip it popped out of.
    I can’t get it float over the canvas working area as in your screenshot. Actually I can! See my next post

Name:	Screenshot 2022-08-08 at 10.22.45.png 
Views:	111 
Size:	164.6 KB 
ID:	102491

Name:	Screenshot 2022-08-08 at 10.23.29.png 
Views:	104 
Size:	159.9 KB 
ID:	102490
    Last edited by markw; 08-09-2022 at 04:42 AM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    On Instagram

So, right, after some more experimenting I’ve found the colour wheel picker you showed in your fist screenshot!
    On Macs the key command that invokes just this one particular colour picker is: cmd+option+left click.
    Bad news though, is that it looks like there is no way for the user to change the key command for invoking this particular quick colour picker I can see no entry for it under Panel Comands nor under Colour Commands.
    Last edited by markw; 08-09-2022 at 04:54 AM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    On Instagram

thanks for the reply again mark. Seems like the program is aimed toward a casual audience than professionals, I can't find any other reason for not having shortcuts for several specific tools.

Just to clarify, AR’s standard ‘Colour Picker’ can be invoked at any time while painting by a user defined key command if needed.
    This example is set to ‘Triadic’.
    But it can also be set to show; Complementary, Tetradic, Analogous and Split colours, amongst other options.
    Name:  Screenshot 2022-08-09 at 11.09.27.png
Views: 508
Size:  80.2 KB
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    On Instagram

thanks

not quite what I was looking for but close enough!