Thread: Still unfamiliar

Post Still unfamiliar

Hi everybody, I just startet in ArtRage Community. Two weeks ago I bought ArtRageVitae after an odyssee trying several painter programs until I discovered ArtRage. I installed it on a Surface Book 3. And hope I will get sufficient results. I am still struggling and learning to figure out the possibilities an how to manage it. It is a knew kind of art for me
    Mutual I decided to join the community. But it all now is unfamiliar to me here into the forum.
    The forum seems to me more difficult than the ArtRageVitae ;-) It is so different form my only community I am joining. It doesn't matter. However I am excited what will happen.

Hello LaFemmeDuLac, und willkommen, to the ArtRage forums
    Yes, I know what you meen, starting any new software can be a bit daunting! And doubly so if English is not your first language I imagin!
    But I’ll let you into a secret, there was a time when the rest of us here didn’t know anything about using ArtRage too, but we learned!
    So don’t worry, just ask any questions you may have about ArtRage, or using the forums, and someone around here will gladly help you if they can.
    Looking forward to seeing what you might create with ArtRage
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Red face You got it

Thank you for encouraging me. Sure, I am not an English native speaker. But that is not at all my problem. If necessarily:
    I placed next to my Surface my smart on which I have bought apps for the English-Oxford-Dictionaries and for every language I know more or less. But I prefer to write fast and spontaneous.
    And yes, ist is not so easy to learn this new kind of art. I am just struggling with my first paint. Often I feel the temptation to take my brushes, paper and colors to finish the chosen and planned subject. Why did I also have to choose ArtRage Vitae and why did I buy it from Microsoft-store? Because my Surface Book 3's touchscreen can be used by every simple touch-screen pen or fingers, mouse, just like using several brushes.
    I can remove and turn the screen an place it in a convenient position for painting, the processor is behind the screen. It is like a pad or tablet, but the operating system is Windows 11.
    I tried even Coral Painter and nothing worked with it except the mouse. Not even with the very expensive slim pen 2 from Microsoft was anything moving on the surface of Coral Painter. But with the mouse it was edgy and unsatisfying. Out of that Coral Painter was to difficult for me, the possibilities are to numerous. I gave it back.
    Or I would have to buy another Surface or the special devices for Coral painter.
    It would have been to expensive for my opinion and my level. Out of the huge struggles with Coral painter.
    If difficulties with ArtRage Vitea in referring to Windows are appearing: I am registered and can get every support I need here at home.
    And I promised to myself: Be patiently you have any time! And I will try step by step to get involved into the forum.
    Until know I do not join any platform, social media etc, nor whatsapp.
    I am solely joining "Parfumo.de/Parfumo.net"(English). Parfums are wonderful, but after ten years I have learned almost everything about it have a lot of flasks, it is time to try something new.
    LG LaFemmeDuLac

I'm a long time Corel Painter user and while I love that software, it is not good on recent Surface PCs (past Surface Book 2). I can only use it with my custom-built PC. I'm using a Surface Pro 8 with ArtRage Vitae and so far it seems to be very good.

I guess

Quote Originally Posted by spitfireix View Post
    I'm a long time Corel Painter user and while I love that software, it is not good on recent Surface PCs (past Surface Book 2). I can only use it with my custom-built PC. I'm using a Surface Pro 8 with ArtRage Vitae and so far it seems to be very good.
    Hello spitfireix, so far was this my experience too with my Surface Book 3. And I admire you! Because you are capable to work with Coral Painter. Maybe it was an advantage it did not work with normal capacitive Pens, also not with Slim Pen 2 from Microsoft. Because Coral Painter would have demanded me too much in terms of my abilities and intensions. That means it is too expensive for my purpose.
    I love my Surface Book 3, have a 15 inch screen. And ArtRage has enough for me to find out: "Will I be able and like to create digital Art?" In every case I want to learn it. Because it is a new kind of art and as difficult to receive and create decent art-work as every kind of analog-painting I do since I am a primary-school girl. Out of that I can try crayon-art. I hate the haptic of crayons on my fingers doing analog. Summited: ArtRage is the fitting art-program for me.
    But now I will start to try my first work...Have a nice time. Success for your creations. And please, where can I have a look on your work? Greetings

Cool Hello

Hi.
    I post finished works on Instagram. This forum doesn't allow me to post links. So look for Tsuisen1 on IG.

I don't have a traditional painting background. The most I've ever done was a few quick acrylic paintings at those places where you paint a picture as part of an afternoon or evening class for fun. So it's peculiar that I've always been interested in natural media simulation type art programs like Corel Painter and ArtRage Vitae.

If I had to pick just one digital art program it would still be Corel Painter. It's a great blend between a digital and traditional capabilities. You can get a very traditional look, but not always with traditional techniques. ARV has a lot of great features too and for some media (e.g., oils) it works more like I would expect. Some things like ARV's pencils however aren't as impressive as Corel Painters. There's a lot of pros/cons to every software, but the big thing is that it has to work on my computer!

I've worked with Painter on/off for 10 years and I'd say 50% of the computers I try to use with it don't end up with a good experience:

Desktop (custom built) - Good
    Surface Pro 4 - Not great; mine didn't have enough RAM
    Surface Book 2 - Good
    Mac Book Pro 2019 - Bad, lots of lag; not sure why
    Surface Pro 8 - Bad; no pen pressure support

So now I'm here learning ArtRage because I just don't want to only know Corel Painter in case it just stops working for me in the future.

Hope to see some of your art work!

Unhappy today

Thank you for answering. I am still struggling with the menue of ARV on my Surface Book 3. And then I took my iPad and bought ARV for some cents less than 5 €. Because into one of the tutorials on YouTube was recommended to practise first on the really reduced ARV. And I got it immediately. Not even something I would present as an art-work. My stepson, who is acoustic engeneer I had to ask something referring to the iPad. Because in his profession he works only with Apple ever since. I sent him my first more naiv 'opera' a little bit stained. He was interested an impressed.
    I only used a pen with a acrylic (?) disc top. Which I only use for every touch-screen, writing, surfing. But a special stylus would lead my hand more exactly.
    I searched an found out: I have to buy different pens for each Apple and Surface. And in surface different depending on the type.
    Grumpf
    Ah not to forget: I will not do in Instagram, nor FaceBook nor Twitter and other platforms. I do with Pinterest for inspirations. And there are some art-works of me but not on a special account, only as examples under art from members. And YouTube of course for music and languages, animals, tutorials and so forth. I tried the rejected Social Medea, but I was disappointed of all that useless stuff. I cannot recognize the advantage in it. Out of that I felt drowned by the mass of members but only a few were proposed - which I knew already.
    Concerning your way of art: Everybody can do any art-work, drawing, painting. Likewise we can write. Did you ever watch the pictures into the cavern of South-France oder Spain: Alta Mira, (Spain) Lascaux, Chauvet, Peche Merle and a lot more (France) older than 37 000 and about 45 000 years? Probably created by the so called Neandertal humans? Great!!! Picassos took them partly as inspiration.
    They had only rocks and several natural colored minerals of ochre. I own a set of original ochre-powder from the area of the cavern. mixed with 'gum Arabia' and water I can use them as watercolours.
    But in analogy-painting I use every kind of colours mixed in a picture just to get the effects I want. Because I studied some semester 'Design and Art' when I was already 48, during studying Social Work. The seminars where held through a real female artist.
    She painted water colour paintings e.g. of colours made of stones and plants, soil, moss from in and around of the 38 bunkers of the WW2 into the town she lived. (They cannot been destroyed without destroying almost the complete town "Emden".
    And from her I learned and realized: The most important is to gain and express that what we want so show, what we feel, which urges us to express. The way, material are not at all important. So, when you discovered the digital art to get creative as the kind on which you felt the way to do it, it is the best way. It is your way.
    I first have to learn and I do not yet know which way will develop me into that art. I am exited.
    It will last some time until I will have a picture I find appropriate to present here.
    Kind regard and fulfilling creativity
    Yours LaFemmeDuLac
    Last edited by LaFemmeDuLac; 08-19-2022 at 09:18 AM.