Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Switching between windows requires an extra tap, which is obviously unnecessary.

Switching between windows requires an extra tap, which is obviously unnecessary.

When I switch to another window, I expect the tool to draw immediately. But instead I have to touch the new window first and only then will the tool draw where I want it to.

Not sure what you are requesting here
    Could you explain in more detail what you are doing and how you would like it to be different and which version of ArtRage you are using.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

markw
    you are using desktop, so try to create two artrage paintings and try to paint in first document and then switch to another (Ctrl+Tab) and try to make a brushstroke there. Do you have to make an extra click in the working area before you will be able actualy to make a brushstroke? This is how it works for me in AR6.
    Last edited by cinematik; 07-21-2022 at 08:07 AM.

Thanks for the extra info cinematik
    I can, and always have, been able to switch between documents in AR6 smoothly, without needing any form of extra click before I can make a mark.
    I’m on a Mac and I would note that there is a problem with the default key combo for switching between documents in AR6 (and still in ARV) as it clashes with the macOS default command for switching between apps.
    Because of this, a long time ago, I changed the key command in AR’s ‘Set Keyboard Shortcuts…’ panel.
    My commands for switching between documents within AR are now;
    Next Document = option+right arrow key
    Previous Document = option+left arrow key

I wonder if you try setting new key commands for switching documents, whether it would then work correctly for you?
    Before changing any commands I would advise exporting a backup of your current settings first in case you want to return to them.
    In the ‘Set Keyboard Shortcuts…’ panel click on the menu icon in the top right corner and choose the ‘Export Shortcuts To File…’ option and save the backup to a convenient location on your system.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    On Instagram

markw
    It seems the reason in References images. If the document contains a ref img then it works as I described it before. As soon as I delete the ref img it disapeares. Is it true for your system?
    Last edited by cinematik; 07-21-2022 at 05:26 PM.

That sounds very strange
    It makes no difference for me whether I have Reference images loaded or not. Nor should it make a difference for you!
    Do you see this problem when using a specific reference image or is it happening with any reference image?
    If you start a new document with different reference images dose it still happen to you?
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    On Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    That sounds very strange
    It makes no difference for me whether I have Reference images loaded or not. Nor should it make a difference for you!
    Do you see this problem when using a specific reference image or is it happening with any reference image?
    If you start a new document with different reference images dose it still happen to you?
    note, the ref image can be in Ar document but hided and in that case the issue doesn't exist
    when the ref img is shown the issue is present

it doesn't depend of file type - I used jpg and png and doesn't depend of ref img file size

what are the chances it's an ultimately win issue
    Last edited by cinematik; 07-22-2022 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cinematik View Post
    ...what are the chances it's an ultimately win issue
    Yes that is a possibly
    As I can’t replicate the problem on my Mac, ideally some other Windows user/s would join in here with what they are seeing given the conditions outlined by you above, which might help narrow down whether it is a general Windows only bug or something more specific to your system.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    On Instagram

Yes, I have to click before I can make a mark on the 2nd instance of AR6 which is open - only if a reference is showing. I don't see it as a problem. I am on Windows.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
    I don't see it as a problem. I am on Windows.
    on Mac it seems to be more logical

in case the second document contains your palette it turns into hundreds of extra cliks
    Last edited by cinematik; 07-23-2022 at 12:30 AM.