Thread: Square brush is not square

Square brush is not square

Hi friends. I have recently switched from desktop version to iPad. I am having much troubles with the square brush. The start of the strokes are so pressure sensitive that it behaves more like a filbert, with a small size start gradually increasing in size with the stroke moving. If hard pressure is applied from beginning, moving the pen causes the orientation of the stroke to be kind of random and not perpendicular to the stroke direction. See attached photo. At the end of the stroke relieving pressure make the stroke gradually decrease in size and does not look square at all. Impossible to obtain a normal square brush stroke, even by playing with pressure and hardness.

As there is no custom brush available I find this very disturbing, have you found a way around this?

Best
    Adridri
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	435D7100-BFFD-4F54-A592-FB09BD49DAFD.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	182.5 KB 
ID:	102414  

I don’t have the mobile version of ARV so I don’t know what Tool Settings option you may have to work with.
    But in the Desktop version you can open the Stylus Properties panel for the Oil Brush and remove the link between pen pressure and size, which would stop what you are showing in your screenshot.
    But like I say, I don’t know if that workaround is possible in the Mobile versions of ARV.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    I don’t have the mobile version of ARV so I don’t know what Tool Settings option you may have to work with.
    But in the Desktop version you can open the Stylus Properties panel for the Oil Brush and remove the link between pen pressure and size, which would stop what you are showing in your screenshot.
    But like I say, I don’t know if that workaround is possible in the Mobile versions of ARV.
    Yes I have the desktop version as well and it works like a charm. Just have to figure how to do with mobile version for outdoor sketching.