Thread: Remember Tablet PC users

Remember Tablet PC users

I bring this up just because I wanted you to know that the reason I use ArtRage over Sketchbook is because AR responds better on my tablet PC than Sketchbook does, and I find it very comfortable to use in tablet mode. As such I hope you guys don't get too keyboard-reliant when it comes to adding or adjusting features.

Another thing to note... I wouldn't mind seeing the Layers palette moved away from the bottom-center of the screen. Of all the palettes that's the one that "gets in the way" most often, even though it does disappear like a good boy should when I'm drawing near it.

Another thing, I tried moving an image between AR, Illustrator, PS, and back into ArtRage on my latest project. (Illustrator to create a few perfect circles and PS to resize the image from sketch resolution up to final print resolution). I'm creating "inked images" for coloring in later. When I brought the image back into ArtRage the blacks became dark gray and a canvas texture reappeared when I tried using the eraser to clean up some edges. Any suggestions on what to do differently?

I'm eagerly anticipating some dedicated "inking" tools in Artrage, and hopefully you guys will be nice enough to provide me with the "perfect stroke" tool I asked for in other threads. If that was part of the package I'd gladly buy the whole program again.

Gallery
    View images
    Im pretty sure that Ambient Team does not forget about the tablet PC users in future upgrades. (at least I hope since I'm also a happy tabletPC owner)

Remember Artrage was demoed vividly on the new macbook tablet a recent convention. I'm sure we will not be left behind.

However, I actually find that sketchbook is very very good with a tablet. Do I think it's better than AR? Well, partly. But mostly due to the exellent UI layout. It's certainly not as pretty as Artrage but for my workflow I find it slightly faster. For sketching/concepting it is better I think since it has the extra tools I need like lasso, scale and move tools. For painting though theres is no competition though since AR does it better than most...

I have only a handfull of small wishes for the next update.

1) lasso tools that allows me to select and move/scale/rotate a piece of my painting/layer.
    2) Being able to relocate every UI item, but especially
    3) Being able to setup my own keyboard layout. Including a feature that will allow me switch between my current tool and the previous tool. For example going from pencil to eraser to pencil with just a single keypress.

... and of course new tools etc. like being suggeste by most Artrage users
    Lead Concept Artist - NDS Denmark
    Illustrator
    www.petervillumsen.com

Sketchbook works well on your tablet? When I compare the "feel" of ArtRage and Sketchbook... well, let's just say I turn off Sketchbook pretty fast out of frustration.

Gallery
    View images
    No, I can not at all understand your frustration with Sketchbook. On my TC4400 sketchbook is very responsive and has a swith feel to it. Even with several layers...

And more directed to the Ambient Team, I might just add on the customizable keyboard thing I like to see in Artrage. You see, I'm not from a english speaking country and therefore I don't have my keyboard setup to english layout. You can possible imagine how that shifts keyboard shortcuts around on my keyboard when fx <=> is not located at the same place as it would be on a english keyboard. So, getting the eraser is not located anymore next to the other tools. And when <;>, <:> etc. gets used for stuff it gets even more complicated. That is why I really really would like to see a way of getting userdefined shortcuts in Artrage, and I'm quite sure that many other non-english users have the same idea...
    Lead Concept Artist - NDS Denmark
    Illustrator
    www.petervillumsen.com

I tried the trial again, and gave it a good chance this time. I might have been too quick to judge.