Thread: Layer tool doesn't show layers.

Layer tool doesn't show layers.

Hello all

Please be patient, English is not my first language and it's complicated to explain this issue.
    Also I am a new user so I'm trying my best, excuse me if the question seems silly to you...

I use ArtRage Lite (last full version) with a One by Wacom tablet, and Windows 10.
    Today my "layers" tool does not work at all anymore. I was working on my project and all the layers in the window disappeared.
    Now I have the same issue in all my saved projects or when I try to start a new project..

When I click on the "Layers" button on the right, instead of having a small window with all my layers,
    I have a very tall, white and empty window. I don't have access to any of my layers in any of my projects. If I start a new project, it's the same thing.
    The + button at the bottom of the window has disappeared. I closed the program, restarted the computer, uninstalled and reinstalled the program.
    I am not sure where to look to find a solution, if anyone can help with this issue I would really appreciate it.

Thank you very much,
    Tyanne

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13052022.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	200.7 KB 
ID:	102346
    Last edited by Tyanne; 05-13-2022 at 10:52 PM.

Hello Tyanne and welcome. I don't have AR Lite but you could try this - Edit/Preferences/Panels/Reset Panel Position. I hope this helps but if this doesn't work someone else will probably have a solution.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Hello Enug, thank you so much for the welcome and for your help! Yes it worked!
    So glad I learned this! Thank you!

Also, thank you for sharing such a beautiful quote in your signature.

Tyanne

You are most welcome and we hope you will join us and show some of your ArtRage paintings. It is a beautiful quote, I agree.
    June.

And try to ease the way
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.

Hello all

I just wanted to share that I received a very interesting solution from Andy at Support[at]ArtRage[dot]com in case resetting panel positions doesn't work.

I think that if you are a beginner like me, it is worth it to have a look and get familiar with this!

1) From the ArtRage ‘Tools’ menu, choose ‘Browse Content Folders’ and choose ‘Root Content folder’ from the submenu.

2) That will open an Windows or Mac file browser.

3) Exit ArtRage, but leave the file browser open. (This is important because ArtRage needs to be closed or it will re-write the preferences file with the incorrect information…)

4) In the file browser, navigate upwards one level – to the parent of the content folder.

5) This should be the location: C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Roaming\Ambient Design\ArtRage
    where ‘your name’ is your windows username.

6) In that folder will be ArtRage7.prs (or some variation depending on the version of ArtRage).

7) Delete ArtRage7.prs

8) Restart ArtRage and all the panels and preferences will be at their default.
    Have a great day!
    Tyanne

Thank you for sharing this information Tyanne - I have made a note of it for future reference.
    June.

And try to ease the way
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

You're welcome Enug!