Thread: Brush size keeps reverting back to the default size

Brush size keeps reverting back to the default size

If I change brushes the one I'm using, like a bristle blender defaults back to size 50% so i have to constantly reset to 10%. Really slows me down and is very frustrating. How do I keep the brush size i want. Have tried making a designer brush in the size i want but keep forgetting how to do it. Thanks

Hi Kate, when you save any tool as a preset you are given the option to save the current size as the default size for that tool as part of the tool Preset.
    The Custom Brush Blander; Bristles Blender for example has a saved default size as 90%.
    The simplest way around that is to re-save the brush as a new Preset but without the default size.

With the Original ‘Bristles Blender’ brush selected for example; open the ‘New Preset…' panel.
    The default key command to open this on macOS is cmd+Shift+P. On Windows most likely that will be ctrl+Shift+P.
    Or in the settings panel, you can click anywhere in the thumbnail & title area at the top of the tool’s Settings panel. And choose 'New Preset...' from the popup menu.
    In the panel that opens make sure the Store Size option is left un-checked if you don't want it to have a default size.
    You can also make/choose a new thumbnail for the brush too in this panel and in which Presets Group it will live in.
    Choose a new name for the brush.
    When happy, click the Tick box bottom right of the panel.
    Last edited by markw; 05-06-2022 at 10:36 AM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Hi Kate, save the 10% brush as a new preset.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    Hi Kate, when you save any tool as a preset you are given the option to save the current size as the default size for that tool as part of the tool Preset.
    The Custom Brush Blander; Bristles Blender for example has a saved default size as 90%.
    The simplest way around that is to re-save the brush as a new Preset but without the default size.

With the Original ‘Bristles Blender’ brush selected for example; open the ‘New Preset…' panel.
    The default key command to open this on macOS is cmd+Shift+P. On Windows most likely that will be ctrl+Shift+P.
    Or in the settings panel, you can click anywhere in the thumbnail & title area at the top of the tool’s Settings panel. And choose 'New Preset...' from the popup menu.
    In the panel that opens make sure the Store Size option is left un-checked if you don't want it to have a default size.
    You can also make/choose a new thumbnail for the brush too in this panel and in which Presets Group it will live in.
    Choose a new name for the brush.
    When happy, click the Tick box bottom right of the panel.
    Thank you. Managed to do that, but I do find it odd the makers of the program don't just leave the brush at the setting you last used it to save doing this.

Thank you, I've managed to do it now :-)