Thread: Hello 😀

Red face Hello 😀

Just saying hello,. I'm not sure how many people still use forums, but being sometimes a solitary artist I thought I'd make an effort to mingle. I tried to attach an example of something I did last year when I first bought Artrage. It's a lot of fun. I have so much to explore and learn, I love the journey ��Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220501_121048.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	221.1 KB 
ID:	102327
    Last edited by MaryA; 05-01-2022 at 11:42 PM.

Well, hello to you too MaryA and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    Yes, I know what you mean about forums! Since the rise of social media, participation from users in ArtRage’s forums has waned somewhat of late sadly
    But still, that’s a great first post from you, very striking!
    So, do you also use ArtRage or even traditional media to make preliminary design drawings for your body/face paintings? Or do you just dive strait in with those?
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Thank you for your message Mark and much appreciated comment on this. I usually just dive in yes, although I recently reworked an old pastel which I polished up and changed colours. It probably took longer than if could have since I'm still experimenting with all the tools, but I do prefer to just dive in, as it's much more fun. I've still got a lot utube videos to watch ���� I like the idea of the forum as sometimes engagement with Facebook is a job in itself. Have you been engaging with the forum for a long time? Oh and I just re-read your reply about my face and Body Art designs, I've always just created as I go with those, the I think I might have tried to plan designs before on a 2D surface in the past but the face paint medium has a mind of its own when presented with a human canvas. I do have hundreds of face and Body Art photos though which would be a great resource for digital transformation.
    Last edited by MaryA; 05-02-2022 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryA View Post
    ...I like the idea of the forum as sometimes engagement with Facebook is a job in itself. Have you been engaging with the forum for a long time?...
    I found these forums in 2011. I had ArtRage for a year or so before that, version 2 or 2.5 I think it was back then.
    Mostly here I hang around the Technical sections of the forums and try and help when people encounter issues with AR or just have questions about using the software.
    But I have also posted some of my animal paintings here in the Gallery area too.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    On Instagram

Thanks for hanging about the tech forums, it's great to know you're there to help. Let me know how I can find your uploaded art, I'm not used to using forums.
    Last edited by MaryA; 05-02-2022 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Additional question

Thank you for being curious about my animal paintings
    If you have not already found them they can all be found in this thread here: https://forums.artrage.com/showthrea...172#post534172
    Though not typical of things I generally paint, I also posted a nude study in the After 9 O’clock area of these forums a year or so back: https://forums.artrage.com/showthrea...393#post536393
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    On Instagram

Thanks Mark, both images are really lovely. I see you have posted lots of great tips on how to use Artrage throughout the forum, they will be a great help to me as I explore using Artrage, I didn't know whether to buy Vitae or not, but didn't want to miss out on the sale offer, I know I would regret it if I hadn't bought it. I've never used any other digital art programme at least not for about 20 yrs, the drawing tablets and pens were just coming onto the market and I didn't get the chance to explore it back then. It is amazing technology, the possibilities are endless

Hi Mary,

A belated hello and if I may, Cool piece!

_Scott

Hi Scott, thank you very much :-)

Wonderful!