Thread: BugReport ArtRageVitae Windows Desktop Long Save for a Big File?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

BugReport ArtRageVitae Windows Desktop Long Save for a Big File?

Hi,

I was recently completing a commission of 6 pieces of art, all of around 4K and I created a ptg file with all 6 in a grid of 3x2 During the process of finalising the art I noticed that the save time for the file was 5 minutes plus!, is this normal?, scaling the image to 50% with perspective cut the save time down to 20 seconds, I decided to investigate by creating a simple test, see below:

This test of saving times was performed on a Samsung Galaxy Book Flex 1 i5 (the rest of the computer info can be see on the video)

I am running on Windows 11

Note that Windows Best Performance mode was activated.

https://youtu.be/AbCpjh6v9JA

For saving an image file size of 15435x6223 pixels it takes around 4:50 to save a file with a single layer, the video shows a test of just dragging a file of this size into a new file and saving as a ptg file.

Then scaling down the whole image by resizing to 50% so the image has 75% less overall information to 7718x3112 pixels it takes around 22 seconds.

Cheers!

Hi RedSoucers,
    No, that doesn’t seam right
    Following your video example, I get a Save time of just 11 seconds.
    The test jpeg image I used was; 55.1 MB, 15435x6223px at 96ppi.
    In case it's relevant, what MB size was your test Image?
    Are you saving the file, locally? Or to a connected drive, cloud, etc…?
    Do you still get the over long save time after a restart of your system?
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Hi markw!
    My test image is about 24mb, I am saving it locally but have tried an SD card and an external drive and still the same save time.
    I have reinstalled ArtRage Vitae and restarted my laptop but to no avail, exporting to psd was under 10 seconds and doing something similar in Krita was about 20 seconds.
    A very small 52K ptg file seems to be initially created and the majority of the save length is paused on an initial low save percentage, when the initial value starts to tick upwards then the save seems to take place in about 10 seconds.

It is the same save time on the Samsung Galaxy Book Flex 2 just newly installed and all I did was to install ArtRage Vitae on it so the install is about as clean as you can get!

I have an old Surface Pro 5 so I might run a test on that next

That’s interesting, so it’s still taking a long time to save even on different hardware
    Presumably this hasn’t been a problem for you in the past with your other paintings, which I assume were generally on smaller canvases?
    I wonder then if there is a canvas size threshold at which these over long saves start happening?
    Though this has piqued my curiosity, as both our hardware and OS are different and I can't reproduce the problem, I’m not sure I can offer much more constructive help here figuring this one out sadly!
    I would suggest contacting Ambient Design directly regarding this, if you haven’t already: [email protected]
    Do pleas keep us informed though if cause and solutions are found.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram