Thread: If one just wants to relax with ArtRage, try coloring!

If one just wants to relax with ArtRage, try coloring!

Hi--I seem to be the only one coloring with ArtRage Vitae on this Forum. It's a lot of fun, is creative in its own way, is relaxing and will even lower one's blood pressure.

Adult coloring books are plentiful. Then you need a flat bed scanner to upload to your set up. You can contact me if you want to try it and need more details.

One can even do adult color by number illustrations. Very soon I'll be posting a work in progress of a rather complex color by number that you might like to follow.

I used to be all the rage for original art work that I had created--now--not so much.... I like to have fun and relax and I love my computers especially my WACOM Mobile Studio Pro 13 and my little Surface Pro 4 that works the scanner. I transfer the pictures from one computer to the other in a folder on a flash drive. All good fun.

Sue
    Last edited by terry0205; 04-10-2022 at 04:28 AM.

Another coloring opportunity I've enjoyed is using Paint Symmetry to make Mandalas. Although it's not as easy as scanning coloring pages I like, it's not as difficult as making original art for coloring fun. Vitae can make 24 segments for mirrored symmetry, so even simple marks can become a complex mandala. As you say: very relaxing.

Hi Sueellen,

Your ARV Symmetry for mandalas sounds very intryguing and fun. Thanks for the idea!

Sue

If one wants to have fun try Paint Symmetry in ARV!

I have a new passion in addition to coloring and that is creating mandalas free-hand with the help of Paint Symmetry in ARV! Suellen, one of our Senior member's told me about it and I gave it a try. The first 2 attempts with mirror symmetry were not too successful but tonight I tried radial symmetry set at 24 segments and I found something interesting enough to share. So here it is.

Sue

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	for a friend--mandala 1.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	240.7 KB 
ID:	102319

I love that one: so soothing to drop colors into. I had said that loading pages from one of the adult coloring books was easier for me (because my scanner and some books are right next to me), but the books are more difficult for me to do once I start to do the work of coloring. I have to do more planning with color choices and placement than I have the concentration to do anymore. As for a mandala, it takes me a little longer to find a way to stuff a few more lines into a pattern to make spaces for colors, but I don't have to work hard at color placement. Here's one I've made for when I'm on a call and asked to "hold". I can still fit in a few more lines or ogees or whatever.

Name:	0 MANDALA 2022-04-29.png 
Views:	139 
Size:	319.9 KB 
ID:	102324

I look forward to seeing your color-by-number unfold!

Hi sueellen thanks for posting! It is a joy to hear from you. Not to worry too much with strennuous concentration when coloring an illustration. Think of it as a happy accident!

I love your mandala it has inspired me to try some more though not tonight it's getting late. Here is my 2nd effort. So simple compared to yours. But one has to start somewhere!

Sue

Name:	mandala 2.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	177.4 KB 
ID:	102325