Thread: My Colour keeps jumping to grey then white

My Colour keeps jumping to grey then white

My colour keeps moving whenever I make a penstroke with the ink pen from black to grey to white, sometimes just straight to white. I don't know why and I can't figure out for the life of me which setting can fix it. I'm just an HP tilt pen and Art Rage is the only program that accepts its pressure sensors. I have a lot of work to do before my book launch on March 25th and I desperately need this fixed. Please help!

Ok, so it looks like it's picking up the colours from the canvas and the tracing image underneath and I don't know why or how to stop it.

I found the solution..... OMG this took hours to fix and it wasn't automatically on when I started.

Tracing Image Colours
    Your drawing will automatically pick colours from the tracing image, unless you turn this off. The colour is taken from the start of the stroke.

Tap the colour wheel or use the Tracing menu to switch back to the default colour picker and turn the automatic colour picking off.

Hello RhiDElton and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    That’s quite a mini adventure you’ve had there! Glad you managed to find both the cause and solution quickly!
    I wish you good fortune with your book too!
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram