Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: (Stencils) Realistc Watercolor Presets for ArtRage

Thank you Nekomata, that’s very generous of you!

I haven’t worked with these yet but I will start experimenting soon. I love to experiment!

Brett
    Kia whakatōmuri te haere whakamua (“I walk backwards into the future with my eyes fixed on my past”).

Tech stuff: 24" iMac M1: Wacom Intuos Pro L: iPad Pro 12.9"

Quote Originally Posted by Perendale View Post
    Thank you Nekomata, that’s very generous of you!

I haven’t worked with these yet but I will start experimenting soon. I love to experiment!

Brett
    you're welcome! I hope they'll find some good use in your art.

Yes! Been really looking forward to these
    Once again nekmata, thank you for your time and effort in putting these stencils together.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    Yes! Been really looking forward to these
    Once again nekmata, thank you for your time and effort in putting these stencils together.
    you're welcome!

I hope to come up with some other ideas how to improve the watercolor experience in artrage meanwhile. hope it won't take me another two years, too.

in progress...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	artrage_inks.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	318.5 KB 
ID:	103379

got some new art supplies recently, including a pan of Japanese tinted ink/watercolor hybrid - layerable, semi-transparent soot-based medium with amazing contrast (so easy to scan and clean-up...like...wow) that seems to bloom and run like crazy over wet thick watercolor paper (scanned sample is from 300 gsm cold press paper, like most of the previous scan pack)

don't really have a lot of time this month, but I hope I'll find some to play with it and scan later. it makes fantastic background base with lots of pigment diffusion, something my regular paint set doesn't really do well, and I have a couple other ideas for later that will need time and preparation.

✨✨ ink stencil pack - 7 large scans — download link

with lots of granulation, pigment pick-up, and lots of paper interaction, those are very convenient for making fast, but very artistic background block-ins for further refinement and painting over,
    and they're excellent for texturizing over existing artwork with series of washes on semi-transparent layers and layer combinations of various blending modes...

a sample of texture variety this stencil set can achieve really quick:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ezumi-demo.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	263.1 KB 
ID:	103396

when combined with previous stencil packs, it makes creating some pleasant watercolor compositions even faster and more relaxing than before.
    Last edited by nekomata; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:18 AM.

A very pleasant surprise to see this this morning! Thank you once again nekomata
    Now all I need is some free time to paint and experiment with them...
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    A very pleasant surprise to see this this morning! Thank you once again nekomata
    Now all I need is some free time to paint and experiment with them...
    you're welcome!

I have a new batch of painting supplies in transit, and one of the paint sets has promising pigment granulation judging by what I see on youtube from other artists who paint with traditional media fulltime;

not sure if I'll be able to reproduce the result, but it will be something to consider through the summer, along with some other ideas.

I tried experimenting with salt, but it does not look too good when scanned at high resolution, and the effect just does not translate well with monochrome washes.
    maybe i need different salt, idk, but so far it looks like throwing digital glitter speckles inside of artrage and going over those with a wet blender does a better job replicating the effect, much faster too.

likewise, having spare time has been an issue, but I hope I'll find some eventually.