Thread: How is it ? Freehand portrait

How is it ? Freehand portrait

This is my freehand portrait drawing, a study I did from photo. How do you guys like it ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kangana ranaut face portrait drawing pencil sketch .jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	102208

Hello ramyasadasivan and thank you for sharing your recent sketches.
    You definitely have a good eye for detail and an understanding of the drawing process.
    But I feel I should perhaps point out that these forums are for users of the digital painting app ArtRage Vitae to share work, done wholly or in part, with that particular software.
    If you are using ArtRage, then it would be interesting to know how you are incorporating it in your workflow?
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Wow, your freehand portrait is really wonderful. I have always liked this type of work.

Thank you MarkW

The only thing I don't like about it is that it makes me envious! Really nice work.

This reply is a bit late since your original post was months ago yet I did not get around to viewing this thread until the date stamped on this reply.

There is one suggestion that may be of interest to you. The face looks a bit narrow compared to the photograph. I would use the "Transform Layer Content" option found in the "Edit" menu (or Ctrl+Shift+Alt+T) and stretch it out just a very small bit to get closer to the fullness of the face in the photograph. You will then have white space on both sides of the image that can be adjusted using the "Selection" tool and the "Rectangle" option to choose the corrected size and then select in the "Edit" menu the option "Crop to Selection".
    I think you will be pleased with the results if you are looking to come as close as possible to duplicating the photograph using digital painting tools and skills.
    On the other hand I could be wrong with your intentions, you may have intentionally decided to make the face appear narrower in your drawing?
    Last edited by Stephen Lo Piano; 10-19-2022 at 10:41 PM.
    I have a personally designed artwork gallery website at: www.stephenlopiano.com
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.