Thread: Color swatches not saved in PTG nor PSD formats?

Question Color swatches not saved in PTG nor PSD formats?

Hi, I'm new into digital paint with artrage. I just noticed the custom colours I added in the tool box are not there after save and closing de file. This is annoying. It happened in PTG / PSD files. Am i doin wrong?

Hello MarceloFavio and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    Hard to say what may have happened to you there…
    Dose this always happen for you or was it a one-off event?
    Are there any other details you can give?

In general, assets used within a painting are retained when reopening the painting.
    The .ptg file format is the only format that can retain all information used by ArtRage. And is the only format offered when Saving a painting.

Paintings can be "Exported" as a .psd file, which will retain all the layers used in a painting, however a lot of the other data used by AR, like Toolboxes, Reference images, paint wetness and depth, etc… can not be stored in this file type and will be lost.

On a related note I would also add here that Toolboxes and Colour Samples collections can be Saved out separately from the painting they were created in, allowing them to be loaded into other future paintings. Or used as backups that can be reloaded back into a painting should something untoward happen.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Adding my welcome to the forum too. Please come back again Marcelo and show us what you are working on.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    Hello MarceloFavio and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    Hard to say what may have happened to you there…
    Dose this always happen for you or was it a one-off event?
    Are there any other details you can give?

In general, assets used within a painting are retained when reopening the painting.
    The .ptg file format is the only format that can retain all information used by ArtRage. And is the only format offered when Saving a painting.

Paintings can be "Exported" as a .psd file, which will retain all the layers used in a painting, however a lot of the other data used by AR, like Toolboxes, Reference images, paint wetness and depth, etc… can not be stored in this file type and will be lost.

On a related note I would also add here that Toolboxes and Colour Samples collections can be Saved out separately from the painting they were created in, allowing them to be loaded into other future paintings. Or used as backups that can be reloaded back into a painting should something untoward happen.
    :serin:
    Paintings can be "Exported" as a .psd file, which will retain all the layers used in a painting, however a lot of the other data used by AR, like Toolboxes, Reference images, paint wetness and depth, etc…