I have always loved the idea of being able to draw, particularly fantasy art, but have never tried before. A couple of months ago I bought some pencils and used a blank notebook from work to start sketching. I tried drawing some D&D models, some weapons, then looking at proportions (which are a pain!) and trying the odd eye or hand drawing. I only managed to do about 8 or 9 pages but it has been a start at least.
For Xmas, my family bought me a digital drawing tablet. On Monday last week I decided to try my first ever full body drawing (using a reference image, not just from imagination) and also my first time doing a coloured image. Today I called it finished. I'm not happy with a few things, the head size is off and the face rather crap, but honestly I am really really chuffed with my first try, and I didn't want aiming for perfection to get in the way of 'good enough' so chose to stop here.
I got ArtRage 6 with the tablet, used the pencil to sketch it out, then decided to pick one tool to colour with so I can learn how it works; in this case i used the airbrush. I plan on trying to draw this again in December/January and see how much I can improve.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Greek Warrior Woman.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	102160