Thread: Here's some things I wish Artrage Vitae had

Here's some things I wish Artrage Vitae had

Rebelle-like Perspective Tool, PS Pen Tool, Different Sketchbook Pro-like Brushes, Air Brushes, etc

Also, wished Artrage Vitae had PS Masking tool, Illustrator-like stuff, Animation tools for beginner to intermediate lv, Grid that helps in character design, environment/Lv Design

Custom Brush making, More pigment options like Acrylic, gouache, Chalk, charcoal

Even having different Canvas Paper-like would be great

Also, Tool that allows direction of ink drip like how in Rebelle

Also, wished Artrage Vitae, when making new Canvas, wished it had measurements in In/CM/MM as well, Pixels can be a bit confusing

Here was something, for when using the Symmetric tool, how do I turn off the part where it duplicates the Top to the bottom, if creating a character, right to left is one thing, But, top to bottom is quite a problem

Left clicking on the Symmetry puck will bring up a menu of options where you can, amongst other things; Set Number of Segments… and: Set Axis Angle…
    So for left/right only symmetry set Segments to 2 and leave Angle at 0º.
    If you want top/bottom only symmetry, then set Segments 2 and Angle 90º.

Document measurements can be set to; Inches, cm or mm, in the New Painting… setup window or the Resize Canvas… window.
    First click on the Print Size tab, in either window, then click on the Measure In: menu icon that now shows on the left side of the window.

Bringing up the Canvas Settings window will allow you to change the canvas texture and colour. Go to: View > Canvas Settings.

Whilst AR may not have lots of brushes pre-labelled as Acrylic, Gouache, etc… painting in these mediums can be simulated by adjusting settings found in AR’s toolset.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

I can't find that, how to set the symmetry for right to left, or top to bottom

I'm new to Artrage Vitae, so trying to understand all the tools and functions

Quote Originally Posted by Makkahn28 View Post
    I can't find that, how to set the symmetry for right to left, or top to bottom
    I'm new to Artrage Vitae, so trying to understand all the tools and functions
    No worries, all of us here were new to ArtRage once!
    Hope this helps;
    Name:  Screenshot 2022-01-11 at 17.18.57.png
Views: 607
Size:  179.9 KB

This page may also be of interest to you: https://www.artrage.com/manuals/graphic-design/
    It has links to more info about using AR’s graphic design aids, like Symmetry, Perspective tools, etc…
    Last edited by markw; 01-12-2022 at 06:48 AM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

I would advise you to spend some time browsing though the free and user contributed asset share sub-forum here, alongside with artrage help materials:

https://forums.artrage.com/forumdisp...lies-Downloads - art supply sharing;

https://www.artrage.com/manuals/cust.../custom-brush/ - custom brush tool overview - it lacks explanations for depth feature, added in artrage 6, but once you grasp the basic and intermediate-level ideas that went into that tool, they will make sense.

animation and application-specific tools aside, most of what you are looking for is already implemented in vitae.

Name:  AR-crayon.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  109.1 KB
    this is what my own go-to conte set looks like.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AR-paint-media.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	189.8 KB 
ID:	102159
    and this is what the custom brush tool produces with some tweaking and some sampling of brush marks, done traditionally. I find it sufficient for simulating acrylic and gouache paint media, thick and thin.

the default artrage airbrush presets (and the brush quality in general) in my opinion rivals sketchbook pro; the default artrage library has a bundle of different canvases, you can also download and create your own. read the manual.

at some point I really question why do you want artrage to have so many unrelated features from five different unrelated specialty applications, including illustrator, while artrage clearly markets itself as a natural media painting program.

do you ever message adobe developers telling them their products need to be improved for classical painters? do you ask adobe animate developers why their program has no real watercolor brush tools to create painterly backgrounds?

let us know if you have specific questions about this application and the way it works, and the forum artists will gladly answer those to the best of our knowledge.